uniqs
share rss forum feed

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

Upgrading service online

I just upgraded internet from standard to turbo online via my account. How long does it take to be put in effect?

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3
said by DevilOnE:

I just upgraded internet from standard to turbo online via my account. How long does it take to be put in effect?

Should be immediate.... check your account and see of it has changed to "Turbo" on your account, and then power off, power on the modem. You should see the speed change.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN
reply to DevilOnE
account still shows 'standard'. i got on chat and they said it might take 24hrs to update. i thought it was immediate or at least it was when i was with InsightBB. I would call and tell the rep and instantly i would have the next tier. i dont know. weird i guess.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
said by DevilOnE:

I would call and tell the rep and instantly i would have the next tier.

Had you called and told the rep it would have been instant. Doing it online can take 24 hours.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

xer008
Premium
join:2000-05-22
socali
reply to DevilOnE
Its instant, chat doesn't know shit, happen to my friend they told him 24 hours it was already 3 days, he called and they said it was never even added to his account

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3
reply to DevilOnE
So yeah.... one more time the chat people don't know anything. I wonder why so many people have an aversion to picking up the phone and dealing with it voice to voice, I get much better results by phone.

And yeah, DevilOne probably would have enjoyed his new speeds withing minutes after he hung up the phone
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

T1249NTSCJ9

join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY
reply to DevilOnE
Keep an eye on your account. I upgraded recently and was charged for installation and franchise fees. I made a call and sorted it all out.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
reply to DevilOnE
As hob said, usually within 24 hours.

Service upgrades via the website are not instant.. If I am not mistaken it creates a "order" on the back end of TWC and a human actually processes it.

dark_star

join:2003-11-14
Louisville
kudos:1
reply to DevilOnE
My online standard to turbo upgrade took about 15 minutes to take effect.