All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JanelleTX
@75.110.60.x

JanelleTX

Anon

how does one use as much as possible without going over 255GB?

Suddenlink has a 255GB cap for someone with my speed level.(15mbps?)

how does one use as much as possible without going over 255GB? all big usage can be attributed to streaming TV service.(yes, the usual ones like Hulu, Netflix and sports)

I do keep a pretty close eye on my daily usage. However, it seems nearly impossible to keep track of usage during the last 2 or 3 days of the billing period.

For example, if I used 245GB as of the 28th day of the billing period, I just don't see how I can make sure that I don't use more than 9.99GB during the last two day. Actually, there is one way... just don''t use the internet during those last two day..... or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

Configure a router to track your usage and shut off the net at 245. There is no way to use 100% dead on.
AricBrown
join:2002-12-11
Amarillo, TX

AricBrown to JanelleTX

to JanelleTX
You really can't. I went over by 4 gigs (259) on my last day and ding... 10.74. For 4 f'ng gigs.
Deus Malsith
join:2014-07-10
Alexandria, LA

Deus Malsith

It's dumb isn't it? I find the 250GB cap to be far too low (really the cap should be removed). Every single month I either get really close to passing the cap or I pass it and get charged 10 dollars. I work from home so I use the internet all the time and with nearly everything connecting to your home network these days it's so easy to break that cap every month.

Oh, and that's just with me being the primary user. If I had more people in this house I'd blow through the cap in no time every month. I don't know how a typical 4 person household deals with it.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

I work from home (software developer), have a family, and regularly stream Netflix, yet we rarely go over 50 GB each month. Never 60 GB.

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC
Hitron CDA3
(Software) OpenBSD + pf

Chubbzie

said by Cabal:

I work from home (software developer), have a family, and regularly stream Netflix, yet we rarely go over 50 GB each month. Never 60 GB.

Different usage scenarios call for differing bandwidth amounts needed. Your usage may not be indicative of other users...

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

Nor would the heavy users' usage, to be fair.

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie

Thats what I was getting at moldypickle See Profile, different strokes for different folks.
xKrNMBoYx
join:2012-11-21
Ozark, MO

xKrNMBoYx to JanelleTX

to JanelleTX
People's usage differs. For my family 250GB is not enough.

Four family members. All four streams video up to 5-7 hours a day each. One member VOIP/Skype calls, plays online games, uploads videos. Two members download software/games occasionally. Everyone uses a smartphone/computer for social media.

Almost every time we use at least 200GB. There are a lot of times we use about 230GB. The period we either download games a lot (summer steam sale) or update programs games we go over 250GB. I have gone over twice so I'm trying not to go over anymore.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to JanelleTX

to JanelleTX
funny i went over this last time.. no notice or anything.. ive never been over before but i got a new pc, 2 laptops and fixed a few pc's, all the windows updates contributed to the usage this time.. which so far is 260 i believe.. cant wait for the 19th to come and reset.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to xKrNMBoYx

Premium Member

to xKrNMBoYx
4 people watching 5-7 hours of tv per day, when the hell do you interact w/ each other O.o