share rss forum feed

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said

join:1999-09-05
North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 edit

Overage charges showing as "past due balance"?

Since it's the summer my kids have been hitting the net a lot, and we went over the magical 250 last month. Ok, $10, not the worst thing in the world. It's still a con, but they're the only cable company in town (and they know it).

I go to the site today and it's showing a past due balance of $10.74, despite my paying my bill in full a week ago. Does Suddenlink not add the overage charge to the next bill like any reasonable normal company would? They just hit you in the middle of a billing cycle and retcon the due date to to your previous due date?

If I pull up a .pdf of my most recent bill it now says in red near the top "This bill includes a past due balance. To avoid further collection attempts - Please pay by the past due date listed above." which is not correct, as I always pay my bill in full before the due date, and this month was no exception.

They've not got my social security number so can't ding my credit, but still, I don't want their records incorrectly showing I have been delinquent when it comes to paying my bill.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

moldypickle
Premium
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3
PM Pete Abel as soon as you can and let him know about this. Considering they state that only a couple % of their user base will go over the cap and be billed, there's a chance there's some bugs in the billing system.

JanelleTX

@75.110.60.x
reply to Gaff
They do NOT need your SSN# in order to ding your credit.(assuming they have your correct name and address)

Gaff

North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to moldypickle
said by moldypickle:

PM Pete Abel as soon as you can and let him know about this.

Done.

said by JanelleTX :

They do NOT need your SSN# in order to ding your credit

Good to know, thanks. I watch my credit like a hawk, so if anything were to appear I would certainly contest it.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

AricBrown

join:2002-12-11
Amarillo, TX
reply to Gaff
I noticed the same thing on my account.. It is direct drafted and on the online bill it normally says I owe zero but this month it says I owe 10.74

Gaff

North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Certainly seems to be the problem then. I am not super thrilled about how they are doing it.

I PM'd Pete Abel See Profile and he says he has someone looking into it. You may want to do the same.

Suddenlink should not be intimating that you are delinquent with a past due balance when that is not the case. It may not even be legal to do so, I'm not sure.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

Uplinkpro

join:2008-02-11
Lake Charles, LA
reply to Gaff
I actually mentioned this happening before when I got dinged my first time, though it was even more confusing since it was combined with the e-mail notifications not being in-line with the notifications on the bill (e-mail was saying 3rd overage and bill was saying second). What happened then and still seems to be happening is they send out the bills before the month is over, so any additional charges gets tacked on after they are sent out; however, the website will update with the charges as soon as that month's usage resets. Basically it goes: bill sent out > pay bill > month ends, charges added > oh hey, you still owe us money. It has been that from the day it was implemented, though I don't think they tack on the $9 late fee with overage charges.

Gaff

North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
That doesn't seem like a cool way to go about it.

Pete Abel See Profile had a look at it and said it should be fixed on my account by the start of next week, and to contact him again if it isn't. I will keep an eye on it I guess and see what occurs.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

Gaff

North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Gaff
So I check my account online today and the balance has actually increased, from $10.74 to $54.34.

Pete said to give them until Monday and I will, but...
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

areacode304

join:2006-08-26
WV
It should not take until Monday to fix such obvious and egregious billing problems. That you were even asked to give them that much time is inexcusable. If they can't get their shit together faster than that, how have they managed to be in business this long?

moldypickle
Premium
Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by areacode304:

If they can't get their shit together faster than that, how have they managed to be in business this long?

As it's been stated numerous times, very few people have any other service to turn to. Monopolies at their best.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
Monoplies are so much fun... lets play! lol.., AT&T and Verizon are just as bad to , Glad i gave them the boot when i moved to tmobile.. suddenlink better watch it tomorrow.. my father wants home phone installed tomorrow.. I dont want my modem changing idc even if its docsis 2.0.. ill change it when I want since its paid for.. I dont like their combo modem/ home phone stuff they said that they will install another box.. thats fine but not on this line lol

Cobra11M

Mineral Wells, TX
reply to Gaff
oh wow it got me to.. $31.45 wth I only went over by 30gb which should be 10 not 30+

moldypickle
Premium
Haughton, LA
Black out your account info/address and post a pic up.

Cobra11M

Mineral Wells, TX
reply to Gaff
Click for full size
Click for full size
here we go

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Can you post the line items from the current statement with the multiple charges?
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

moldypickle
Premium
Haughton, LA
That's what I was getting at, lol. Post up the paper bill showing this.