spc
Search similar:

uniqs

klipko
join:2006-06-28
Portland, OR

klipko

[TV] New HD channel additions

Received a message on one of our boxes (odd since we have two) that new HD channels will be added. Other people received it as well?

The channels
* MLB HD (it's back)
* Disney Jr HD
* History 2 HD
* CI HD
* Cooking Channel HD

More was listed, I don't recall at the moment.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Oooh, we've been out of town until last night, will check soon!
darcilicious

darcilicious to klipko

Premium Member

to klipko

I think this is everything:

CHANGE:
BIO to become FYI (some blurb about the updated channel content, yawn).

NEW:
HSN 2 (#151)
QVC Plus (#150)

NEW (available to Prime HD, and better one assumes):
History 2 (#622)
MLB (#86) and MLB HD (#586) (Free preview from July 3 through July 14)
Hallmark HD (#740) [already available on Extreme HD 2009 and better]
Oxygen HD (#644)
Reelz HD (#733)
FX Sports HD (#587)
FXM HD (#732)
Disney Junior (#749)

NEW (Extreme HD ore better, but probably not to the older Extreme HD 2009 lineup)
Ovation HD (#688)
Cooking HD (#566)
CI HD (#682)

MOVING:
QVC SD (#14) and HD (#514)
HSN SD (#)7 and HD (#507)

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Wow-
H2, Ovation, Fox Movies, and Reelz HD aren't even on (Verizon) FIOS TV!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

We're on own these days
MPSAN
join:2001-05-15
Portland, OR

MPSAN to klipko

to klipko
I still do not see these...any reason why?
EdmondsFios
join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA

EdmondsFios

My message says effective August 1, 2014. That could be a clue.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by EdmondsFios:

My message says effective August 1, 2014.

Yes, my apologies for not including the start date, oops!
MPSAN
Portland, OR

MPSAN to klipko

to klipko
Great. I did not even get this on my Tivo yet. Is it in the bill, as I saw nothing about it. I guess we get it Aug 1st.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Can you tune Channel #131? All the info is there.

Notification came via the STB message center which I'm guessing TiVo users don't get.
EdmondsFios
Edmonds, WA

EdmondsFios

Tivo has a Channel Lineup Change Department. It is the last to know if a change has occurred. Apparently Frontier does not notify them. They rely on folks like you and me for their information. If I can remember, I will notify Tivo once the change is made by Frontier. Then it takes about 3 business days before you will see the change on your Tivo. I do not have the URL handy at the moment because I promptly deleted the email they sent to notify me when a recent change to the lineup was made per my request.

Darci: It shows on channel 131 on my Tivos (Roamio Plus and TivoHD).
MPSAN
Portland, OR

MPSAN to klipko

to klipko
Yes, I forgot about CH 131. It is there even on the TIVO, but will wait 'til Aug 1st to see if the Tivo Lineup sees it.
EdmondsFios
Edmonds, WA

EdmondsFios to klipko

to klipko
To activate the changes for Tivo customers:

"Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support.

To report this channel lineup issue and prepare for those channel lineup changes we will need three examples of channels being affected. Please include the call sign, channel numbers, and program descriptions for three stations that will be changing as of this lineup change in August taking place. You can also send the updated lineup information to the below link to allow us to get an early start on these changes.

www.tivo.com/lineup"
MPSAN
Portland, OR

MPSAN

Well, the new channels ARE there but the TIVO does not have guide info yet.

HTBruceM
@50.53.58.x

HTBruceM

Anon

Zap2It hasn't updated anything either, so WMC users are not getting the channels yet.
I just filled out a request at Microsoft Connect:
»connect.microsoft.com/si ··· Feedback
I only noted the HD channel changes in the request form. If anyone wants to add another request with the other channels, that would be great.

Hopefully the dots will be connected soon.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Well this rather sucks, all those channels that are available with a Prime HD subscription are not showing up on my old Extreme HD package with sole exception of CI HD which I had thought would only be available to the new version.

Anyone else with the old Extreme HD seeing something different?
darcilicious

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

History 2 (#622)

Typo. Should be #627 for History 2 HD
EdmondsFios
Edmonds, WA

1 edit

EdmondsFios

For Darci: I just sent the channel information you provided to Tivo. You may have upset the balance between man and machine with this unforgivable blunder. BTW, sounds like the old package may not be the best deal anymore.
goldrush
join:2012-11-30
New Haven, IN

4 edits

goldrush to darcilicious

to darcilicious
Yes, I too have the old Extreme HD package and other than the two new shopping channels I cannot receive any of the new Prime or Extreme HD channels. It might be time to explore pricing on a new package, but then I'd lose the ultimate channels included in the old Extreme HD package.
MPSAN
Portland, OR

2 edits

MPSAN to klipko

to klipko
I spoke to TiVo and they said we may need to tell the box to get a lineup again (rebuild) and put in our ZIP code. I don't buy that as it always gets the new channels on its own. I have the old Extreme HD and can get new channels if I select them...like 740 for Hallmark HD, but no guide info. Also, I thought History HD 2 was 627?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by MPSAN:

I have the old Extreme HD and can get new channels if I select them...like 740 for Hallmark HD, but no guide info. Also, I thought History HD 2 was 622? I will have to look.

Interesting... though I haven't checked since the 2nd, I'll take another look tonight and try each channel directly again.

The Science Channel is on 622 and that was still there; when I went to the guide, 627 was listed as History 2 HD but I couldn't tune it.

See also: »frontier.com/docs/help-c ··· 2014.pdf which has been updated with the new channels.
MPSAN
Portland, OR

MPSAN

Yes, I corrected my post. I do get it on 627 but I have the opposite of what you have. On my TiVo I can go to the channel but have no guide or listing info. I HAVE to select the new channels with the keypad.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by MPSAN:

On my TiVo I can go to the channel but have no guide or listing info.

That's normal until Tivo and/or Zap2It update their info (I forget all the ins and outs for that as I have never had Tivo and haven't used WMC guide in a couple of years now).

With a FiOS set-top box, the guide info is already available (naturally).
darcilicious

darcilicious to MPSAN

Premium Member

to MPSAN
I can only tune C&I HD -- if you really can tune all those other new HD channels, I might try calling customer support on Saturday and see what they can do...
MPSAN
Portland, OR

1 edit

MPSAN

Should I look at ch 131 to see what all the new ones are?

Is there any you want me to check now?

***UPDATE***

OK, I just checked 627, 740, 688, 644, 733 and all are OK here. The station ID is good but still no guide data from TiVo!
HTBruceM
HTBruceM
join:2002-05-04
Beaverton, OR

1 edit

HTBruceM to klipko

to klipko
I just checked Zap2It web page and the new channels are there as of today. Hopefully this means it will also be present in the next Windows Media Center guide update...

WMC users cannot even tune the new channels until they are present in the guide data. Even though they show up as authenticated and entitled channels via the cablecard.

Update from 8/6/14 (yesterday)... I did a manual guide update and the new channels all appeared today. Unfortunately the Hallmark HD channel on 740 was 3 hours off and was showing programs that won't be aired for another 3 hours. I notified Zap2It and updated the Microsoft guide feedback page. Meanwhile I changed the WMC guide to use the low-def channel (240) guide data on the HD channel (740). Worked around the issue. Haven't checked all the others but the few I did check seemed to be showing the correct content.
EdmondsFios
Edmonds, WA

EdmondsFios

I have the Fios Extreme package and a Tivo Roamio Plus. Frontier paired it again and everything was brought up to speed in one minute, including guide data. I received all 10 new HD channels. The four people I talked to at Frontier all said it is not there responsibility to notify Tivo of account changes. I won't repeat my response but it was negative.
MPSAN
Portland, OR

MPSAN

I have the new ones as well on my 2 Premiers and 1 THD. I did an online chat with TIVO a few days ago and gave them the info they requested. However, he only wanted info on 3 stations and my ZIP code. He then sent it on to a special department that takes care of this issue of channel changes only.
millerzone
join:2004-10-15
Kirkland, WA

millerzone to HTBruceM

to HTBruceM
I have all the new channels on my WMC. All in the guide and all tunable. I have Extreme HD -- I thought it is the 2009version but now I'm not sure.
tomab7
join:2006-06-13
Everett, WA

tomab7 to klipko

to klipko
CBS Sports HD will be launched on 8/28 on channel 594.