spc
uniqs
nicholas720
join:2014-07-01
Long Beach, CA

nicholas720 to baja7475

to baja7475

Re: New to Charter in Long Beach, Search/Programming Questions

Hey Baja - even if I have to keep the same box, can my interface be upgraded? This is sad, people make jokes about it
baja7475
join:2009-06-16
Atascadero, CA

baja7475

Yep, my interface got upgraded from charter automatically. See what the time frame is in your area. Ask a tech, the local office or somebody on chat. Definitely don't call.
nicholas720
join:2014-07-01
Long Beach, CA

nicholas720

Good advice, I went to the office today. I showed that pic and asked if that was really the interface that all of long beach had (or was stuck with)? She was cool - she seemed a bit ashamed like she's had this question a million times - and said yes. She said that they are planning on testing something else in the future, but there are no dates set.

That was better advice that I had by the phone people. The first guy I called said to go to the charter home page and click on the contact us link, where I would find an email address for corporate customer support. Of course, there was no email...

So my charter days (weeks) are pretty much over at this point - though I'll check Tivo out. Now I know why everybody in this neighborhood has either satellite or Fios...