New Westminster, BC
Actiontec T1200H
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Netgear R7000

58391701 (banned) to HELLFIRE

to HELLFIRE

Re: Ubiquiti EdgeRouter performance testing

said by HELLFIRE:

...got any throughput testing of your own ERL there 58391701 See Profile , just out of curiousity? Or planning to do your own?

Regards

if i needed the throughput i would look into it, but my network is always being used and taking it down for anything pointless is a no go.

if i dont need the throughput. i cant think of a point to it.

i expect that even if i get shaw broadband 250 (about 265/16 at max)

that i will not even need to worry about it

if i need insane throughput and the ERL lets me down, there will be options, i have seen LOTS of different results from lots of simulated tests.

the only results i like for WAN > LAN are REAL WORLD results. not simulated. not creating the transfer, BUT ACTUALLY USING IT for that amount of throughput.

but honestly. i seen plenty of people get 941 on ERL properly configured

i never had a doubt if i got a gig connection i would get 941. not saying it would be easy, but id figure it out.........

if i got 900, big woop.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

...okay, not sure what that was... but I think a simple "no, you don't have any" would've sufficed

Thanks for the response, figured I'd ask.

Regards
58391701 (banned)
join:2014-06-30
New Westminster, BC
Actiontec T1200H
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Netgear R7000

58391701 (banned)

sorry, i don't like it when people answer stuff without explaining so i just figured id explain why

in no way am i saying measuing wan>lan is a bad idea im just saying i can't think of a reason why i would care.

i assume the unit can do 941 with the right settings. if i tried testing id probably mess something up like most people and my results could be off.

also if u test a unit n it gets 941. that doesnt mean it will ever get that in every real world situation.

fingers crossed when i get shaw broadband 250 i dont need to enable any offloading, that would make me happy