PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron

Re: [Game] 2014 GPU Crushers

I was running a GTX 580 and it brought that to its knees in tears.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

I was running a GTX 580 and it brought that to its knees in tears.

Funny you mention a 580, when I first upgraded from my 9800, I bought a 560ti, and I was wondering why it wasn't cutting it with either Skyrim or TW2

EQ

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I used to make my 7200 GS cry when Mass Effect 1 came out... Especially on the mission where you're supposed to reach the portal to get to the Citadel.... I'd get like 5-10 FPS in that little stretch, yet somehow I managed to dodge everything and get through.

The good old days of being a poor college student.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by ekster:

I used to make my 7200 GS cry when Mass Effect 1 came out...

That's awesome. I'm sure there were times where my 9800 wanted out pretty badly as well. I just didn't realize I was supposed to eventually upgrade it after a while.

What's even better is that it's still humming away in someone else's computer right now.

EQ

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Hey man, my two 8800's still have a home in one of my two Media PCs, the GTX 285 that caught on fire and was RMA'ed to a GTX 470 is in another Media PC. I mean, c'mon, an 8800 GT was technically a better GPU than what was in the Xbox 360. I don't remember correctly but I think that thing was around a 7900 GTX?

And the 9800 was a damn good card.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

And the 9800 was a damn good card.

It's damn near indestructible, that's one thing I love about it. That card did it's absolute best to play whatever I sent its way. It was definitely a good card to get into gaming with.