All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jwest
@66.68.36.x

jwest

Anon

[Internet] Ubee modem and D-link router incompatability fix.

Ubee modems and D-link routers use the same web interface ip. To fix this you must first direct connect to the modem from your computer. Access the web interface by typing 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1 is the default web interface address and herein is the problem).

Once in the Ubee web interface you select Gateway from the top of the screen, then select set up. from there you can change the default ip address for the web user interface. I suggest (192.168.101.1).

Once this change has been applied you can then disconnect the lan cable from the modem and plug it back into your router. Then plug your computer into the router.

At this point all should be well and your router should be picking up internet and your routers web UI should be accessible.

bluefool
@108.27.63.x

bluefool

Anon

this issue isn't isolated to ubee and is dlink short sightedness. I disagree with u about changing the modems IP u should leave that alone and change the routers IP.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

maartena to jwest

Premium Member

to jwest
Actually, everything is configured how it is supposed to be configured.

Routers are standardized to 192.168.0.1, while Cable modems (and some VDSL modems) are standardized to 192.168.100.1

If you have a cablemodem that is also configured as a router however, you can reach it by both IP addresses. If you place the modem in "bridged mode", the 0.1 IP address is no longer available, and you can use any router you want.

You most likely have your router in some sort of forwarding mode, that just forwards all traffic to the D-link router, but that is NOT the right way to set it up. If you want to setup your own router, to ensure everything works correctly, your modem needs to be in Bridged Mode. For instance, in your current setup you will not be able to use IPv6 traffic.

TWC can help getting the modem in Bridged Mode, however, I was able to set my Ubee modem into Bridged Mode myself by finding instructions online. This will completely disable the wireless and routing, and the WAN port of your router, will become a true WAN port, as it should be.

itgeekman
@38.86.167.x

itgeekman

Anon

all due respect matter a many routers are 192.168.1.1 more so than 0.1

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu

Premium Member

Na... In residential setting 0.1 rules over 1.1....

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to itgeekman

Premium Member

to itgeekman
said by itgeekman :

all due respect matter a many routers are 192.168.1.1 more so than 0.1

You are correct, my ASUS is 1.1, not 0.1

Nevertheless the rest of the info applies.