All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
HKPolice
join:2002-08-09
Scarborough, ON

HKPolice

Re: [rCable] CBC FIFA football stream keeps choking

Apparently no internet at all according to my friend. I'm watching the game on my backup Teksavvy DSL line no problems at all.

What the hell is going on with start these days? Too much focus on customer service and not enough on infrastructure?

Yoorie
join:2011-11-22
Toronto, ON

Yoorie

You're suggesting there is a downward trend in the performance or reliability of Start's infrastructure? I'm not aware of evidence to show this, besides this one incident, which isn't a trend.

In fact, Start significantly upgraded their core boxes just around 2 weeks ago.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio to HKPolice

to HKPolice
said by HKPolice:

Apparently no internet at all according to my friend. I'm watching the game on my backup Teksavvy DSL line no problems at all.

What the hell is going on with start these days? Too much focus on customer service and not enough on infrastructure?

To be entirely fair, I haven't seen any issues with Start other than this outage. Anything else was announced and anticipated maintenance.

Peekaboo
@24.114.76.x

Peekaboo to Yoorie

Anon

to Yoorie
In actual fact I have had quite a few dropped packets in the last few days from that portion of starts network. I didn't want to think there was an issue but clearly there was something going on.

DavePC
join:2013-08-18
Scarborough, ON

DavePC

Back up, just in time