spc
Search similar:

uniqs
juggie
join:2007-04-25
H0H0H0

juggie

[rCable] routing problem

Looks to be a routing issue in Toronto at least from Ottawa. Seeing a problem after so-5-0-3.gw02.blood.pub.net.cable.rogers.com over 80% packet loss to next hop.
juggie

juggie

Fixed
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

Still pretty bad here (Ottawa Fallowfield), but better than 5 minutes ago.
tremu1ant
join:2013-09-30
n2k2nq

tremu1ant to juggie

to juggie
It looks like a bigger network issue. I'm in Kitchener / Waterloo and am having the same problems.

Yoorie
join:2011-11-22
Toronto, ON

Yoorie to juggie

to juggie
Core routing issue, see this thread: »[rCable] CBC FIFA football stream keeps choking

knoxyouout
join:2012-11-28
Ottawa, ON

knoxyouout to juggie

to juggie
I'm having the same problems with my vdsl connection.
DeViLzzz
join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

DeViLzzz to juggie

to juggie
I wasn't watching FIFA but yes the internet went down multiple times thus far this evening. I am in Sarnia ON Canada btw and not on Rogers lines (Cogeco lines here) so this is a bigger issue which has been mentioned by others and a Start rep.

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

1 edit

RLBL to juggie

to juggie
Oh good... I thought my modem went out to lunch because the downstream diags are off. It is funny I am getting fine upstream

The other thing that is weird as that my 3G connection is also crap (R network).

I was figuring it is was a Rcable issue...
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

said by RLBL:

Oh good... I thought my modem went out to lunch because the downstream digs are off. It is funny I am getting fine upstream

They likely bypassed the issue and the new route doesn't have the capacity to support everyone. Upstream is generally much lower and rarely used by all subscribers, so you'll probably see max speeds there. On the other hand, downstream is always in use in most households.

Just a guess!
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek to RLBL

to RLBL
said by RLBL:

Oh good... I thought my modem went out to lunch because the downstream digs are off. It is funny I am getting fine upstream

The other thing that is weird as that my 3G connection is also crap (R network).

I was figuring it is was a Rcable issue...

Same issue with the Start RCable connection. My backup Rogers connection that I use for support purposes is just fine though.

Start cable - 20% packet loss, 0.9Mbit/10Mbit on 60/10 connection.

Rogers cable connection has no issues. So it must be something specific to TPIA, perhaps?

I'm in Kanata.

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

Anzio, Sanek...

Thanks

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam to Sanek

to Sanek
Updates on the situation here: rocca's got a thread explaining the situation here: »[rCable] Network Issue
juggie
join:2007-04-25
H0H0H0

juggie to Sanek

to Sanek
Working now but definitely way slower.