Brom
Premium Member
join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA

Brom to Prevailer

Premium Member

to Prevailer

Re: Crazy Game - Summer 2014

Unfortunately, the two most questionable calls happened late. Lynching mark and then tmodelt, which obviously mafia helped out on. If KrisT and Dezbend had been allowed to turn mafia it could have been worse.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I don't feel like to you botched the game up, it was a massive game, compared to others I've read up on. I had lots of fun as a newbie.

Good times.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Yes? It's the most realistic way.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Is that how you process all actions, or resolve conflicting actions?

I've been poking around the mafiascum wiki and they have some info on resolving night actions...

»wiki.mafiascum.net/index ··· solution

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
I played poorly, and in one post on day 2 or 3 stated I used up that my ability, I was going to breadcrumb a different class and gB convinced me to just sick to my own role but make it town, it was simpler then. Aztec you had me pegged good.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

Sticking closer to the truth is easier than making some outlandish lie and then trying to stick with that...

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Good game even though I missed it >_

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Great game! Thanks for hosting. Loved the variations in the roles.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Is that how you process all actions, or resolve conflicting actions?

Timing of resolution depends on whether the action is an instant or an interrupt.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend

MVM

is that a MTG referance?

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Why yes, yes it is.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend

MVM

Nerd.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Speaking of MTG, I wish there was a card game that people could play online with their friends without having to sink a ton of fucking cash into it. Hearthstone is almost there but it's too watered down.

Blizzard had some other company create a WoW:Trading Card Game and it was awesome. It had concepts very similar to Hearthstone, but it was still much different. The great thing about this was that there were a fuck-ton of cards, vs. Hearthstone's limited selection. There was also the ability to play raid decks, where you and a team of players would go up against a specially created raid boss deck, with special win conditions and enemy types and abilities.

You could play through "Molten Core". Alas, it didn't take off and the few people I ended up playing with ended up breaking up and going their own way.

I would love to get into that again somehow. I'd love for it to be in a UI like Hearthstone, but with not-so-watered-down mechanics.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer

Premium Member

Bah. We need a MUD with decent multiplayer/clan abilities.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Prevailer:

Gateway - Gatewaymud.org Was the bomb back in the day....

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Prevailer

Premium Member

to Prevailer
said by Prevailer:

You mean the old Aftershock MUD? It's up. It's actually a phenomenal MUD but it requires people in order for it to be fun. Everyone will listen to me for all sorts of shit, but no one believes me if I told them to play on the old MUD that we played on... that they would have the kind of gaming experience that they've only had a handful of times in their entire lives.

Not you, Protus. You know. You remember. People like Krisnatharok though. He doesn't believe.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
Your Mom

Prevailer

Premium Member

Huh, I thought it went down. Just tried to connect to aftershock.genesismuds.com:2500 with ggmod and nothing happens.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

We gave the code to someone else and they added a few things and brought it back up. I don't remember the name but it's out there. I don't think it's called Aftershock anymore. That's where the WOW guild name came from and other guilds we made in other games. I remember running/building the mud when I was 15 :P

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Prevailer

Premium Member

to Prevailer
Antonica is right. It's not called Aftershock anymore. The code was given away, in the same spirit that it was given to us. We left them with the area files and they massively built upon it and improved upon it since we left.

A lot of the things we had a vision for, they implemented and completed. The Realm Lord/Legend system is fully complete. There are new quest systems in place, dynamic questing, raid bosses, etc.

It is tremendous. It's sad that this gem would be heralded as one of the best retro games playable today (this particular MUD) and no one will ever know it.

»stormhunters.ackmud.net/

That's the URL for the website. The connect info is on there as well:

sh.ackmud.net:7000

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Not you, Protus. You know. You remember. People like Krisnatharok though. He doesn't believe.

It would never be as awesome now as it was, I'm sure. Like going back and playing KOTOR, or Mass Effect 2 in 15 years. Just not the same.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Is it mostly because of the graphics? Because I went back and played it not too long ago and it didn't age at all. KOTOR/Mass Effect, or even the original Quake and Starcraft look horrible, but they're all still great to play.

MUDs don't have graphics so they don't age. I was active on it again about a year ago and it was still just as good as it was.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I tried SC1 a couple years ago. Just couldn't really get into it.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It was great in its prime, but the graphics make it look horrible now. Like everything else, even movies, the effects just look like garbage now even though they were awesome in the day.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Oh I agree. It was tons of fun when it was released and we had tons of nights in the dorms at college where we'd have giant LAN battles.

Now? I'm glad SC2 is out.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
Your Mom

Prevailer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Awesome. My character is still there. Surprised how many commands I remember, but still need to run through the help files again.
Prevailer

Prevailer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Man, I'm getting slaughtered by birds in the forest. I don't remember being so weak.