All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
taner
join:2000-12-25
San Diego, CA

taner

Tons of headroom on VDSL line... AT&T going to ever offer faster packages?

Click for full size
Tease
Why must my DSL taunt and tease me?

Assuming lowest common denominator Max Speed, and 80% loading, that's ~99Mbps down and ~44Mbps up.

pleeeeaaaassseee!

(And yes, I'm sure they will "some day"... but that "some day" needs to be sooner rather than later!)

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan

Premium Member

Does Cox offer HSI in your neighborhood? If not don't expect AT&T to step up to the plate and offer more than the bare minimum.
taner
join:2000-12-25
San Diego, CA

taner

said by VegasMan:

Does Cox offer HSI in your neighborhood?

I'm actually in Time Warner land (here in San Diego, there is both Cox and TW, and they are chunked up in a most hap-hazard fashion), and I think the current highest package they offer is 50Mbps. Cox does offer 150Mbps in the areas they service here in SD, from what I can tell.

That said: there's no reason NOT to offer higher speeds (at a premium cost)... Especially higher upload speeds (I'm sure AT&T has highly asymmetrical traffic as it stands - since most people download way more than they upload)

my thoughts
@72.135.227.x

my thoughts to taner

Anon

to taner
Listings from statements of Project VIP from Nov 2012 project 75M internet speeds by completion of Project VIP slated for December 2015 with a path to 100M internet sometime after ir 2016+.

Until 17a and vectoring is released 45M will be top speed. Most releases happen in fall expect September or October with limited markets if this year. Will probable be with new RG release slated for 2015 based on past comments... just opinions at this point.