uniqs
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

[Accessories] Motorola HK250 Bluetooth

I have a HK250 and I have a Moto G smartphone, and when my BlueTooth is connected, you can still hear the notification sounds coming from the smartphone, how do I fix it?

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

You can't.

Your headset can also do media streaming. The phone notifications are media files, and Google has written Android to make notifications take precedence over music and video. It is most annoying when driving using Google navigation. If you're on a phone call, turn by turn directions will override the phone conversation.
Madtown
Premium Member
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

Should I buy a different BlueTooth that will do that for me? It be nice if only I can hear the notification sound and not everyone else around me.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

You would have to find one without the AD2P profile, which would be pretty rare I think.
shaner

shaner

Premium Member

Wait, I just re-read your post and I think I read it wrong in the first place.

When using your BT headset, do the notification sounds come through the headset or the phone?
Madtown
Premium Member
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Wait, I just re-read your post and I think I read it wrong in the first place.

When using your BT headset, do the notification sounds come through the headset or the phone?

Both. I can hear it through my BT and through the phone too.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

That's weird

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Vchat20 to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown
This is pretty much standard operation from Android from what I can gather. I use A2DP in the car and wired headphones at work fairly regularly and in both cases notification sounds get sent to both the phone speaker and the BT/headphones. Been this way on all 3 Android devices I've owned (OG Droid 2.3.4, Droid X 2.3.3, Galaxy Nexus 4.4.x).

If memory serves I recall seeing an application or two many moons ago on the play store that could change this but I'm not 100% on it.

south1178
Premium Member
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

south1178 to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown
Click for full size
If I unselect media audio under bluetooth settings, I don't get notification sounds on my bluetooth.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
said by shaner:

You would have to find one without the AD2P profile, which would be pretty rare I think.

Jawbone ERA will do what you want. That's what I have.