Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada

[TV] Firmware Update broke NextBox/Whole Home PVR

All my boxes (1 PVR & 3 HD terminals) received a firmware update last weekend... Easy to tell, because when I got home Sunday afternoon, they were all tuned to channel 1.

Didn't think anything of it, until I tried to watch a recorded program via the WHPVR service... No dice.

All the terminals are showing the "house" icon, so are connected; but none of them can actually see the recorded content on the PVR.

I've followed the standard Roger's cheat sheet - reauthorize the box from the self-serv website, reset the box from the "Troubleshooting" menu, power cycled the box... All with the same result - no recorded content.

I called into the support line (what a nightmare of IVR options that's become) - and finally spoke to an agent, who acknowledged new firmware had been pushed out; but claimed there was no known NextBox/WHPVR issues with it.

TL;DR version:

Anyone else having problems with HD terminals not seeing/playing content from the PVR?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
There is "never" a problem with the firmware till the complaints reach a critical mass and they react.
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to LazMan
Which firmware version did you receive? My latest update was a few weeks back and that occurred without issue and I have the WHPVR service as well.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to LazMan
I haven't tried watching recorded stuff on my NB 3 for the last few weeks, but there was an update applied about a week or so ago that reset some of the settings (including the default channel) on NB2/3 boxes.