uniqs
DeLiver3
Premium Member
join:2004-09-01
Cincinnatus, NY

DeLiver3

Premium Member

Just another weekend ...

Some motorcycle riding, cemetery work, and cat baby sitting. And a DirecTV service call on Sunday am - no locals or HD on one box. The Roku is getting a workout.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

I read the Roku is now the most popular box for streaming. Sounds like a great weekend.

scottymead
join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

scottymead

If only mine would stay connected to my WiFi, it keeps disconnecting.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

Is there a chance you could hard wire it or is placed in a spot you couldn't get an ethernet plug to it?

scottymead
join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

scottymead

Nope its only WiFi, I wish it had a eithernet port, my problems would be resolved. I have already contacted RoKu about it but beings there is so much WiFi traffic where I live (I live in an apartment complex) and there is a good 30 WiFi connections here. The fix was to change the wireless channel, but I have tried every different channel and same thing, will connect but disconnect a couple minutes later then you have to completely unplug the power and restart it for it to reconnect.
adowns
join:2002-11-23
Derby, KS

adowns

I had a similar issue, but I switched as much as I could over to 5Ghz. My speeds are awesome and I'm the only one using it in my area. There are 25 2.4Ghz in my area and 1 (mine) 5Ghz

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour to scottymead

to scottymead
said by scottymead:

Nope its only WiFi, I wish it had a eithernet port, my problems would be resolved. I have already contacted RoKu about it but beings there is so much WiFi traffic where I live (I live in an apartment complex) and there is a good 30 WiFi connections here.

Switch to 5GHz. Thing is: If you do: Choose the right channel. I had a problem with our Roku 3 when we first got it. Did a bit of digging and found it only liked channels above (below? don't recall) a certain number. I switched our AP to fixed channel, rather than automatic, and set it to channel 36. It connected right up and everything is as solid as a rock.

My network is the only one anywhere nearby on 5GHz

Jim