Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to noir3

Premium Member

to noir3

Re: Problems again with Rcable

Generally a latency like 6000ms means you're saturating the link, most often the upload. There are some steps to help isolate it at »FAQ: Trouble-shooting (Cable) as well as I recently added the last post on that thread which explains why you see this issue when only one of the directions becomes saturated. If this doesn't help and you still have the problem please give us a call and we'd be happy to trouble-shoot with you. Thanks.
noir3
join:2005-12-17
Canada

noir3

I just looked at my graphs on my router and actually it looks like it was something coming inbound, I dont know what it was and have never had something saturate my line like that before. Oh well my mistake. It has cleared up anyhow.
loki9
join:2014-07-14

1 edit

loki9 to MikeA1972

to MikeA1972
Yes. Red has been impossibly bad for the last few days. It is really up and down, I get packet loss trying to play some games online. At times it slows to a crawl. Start needs to look into this and have it fixed. I am on Red in Orillia

Had a dropped connection and slow to a crawl during peak Last night (Sunday). It should not happen that way.

It just seems that interest is very unstable somehow. I changed my DNS to Google one. I used open DNS before.

It's working, it's just that all of a sudden things seem to slow down.
imtiax
Premium Member
join:2014-05-24
Toronto, ON

imtiax

Premium Member

I'm not a Start customer, I'm directly with Rogers and I've been having similar issues for the past few days.

Theres a Rogers packet loss thread in the Rogers section as well.
»Rogers packetloss

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to loki9

Premium Member

to loki9
said by loki9:

Yes. Red has been impossibly bad for the last few days. It is really up and down, I get packet loss trying to play some games online. At times it slows to a crawl. Start needs to look into this and have it fixed. I am on Red in Orillia

Had a dropped connection and slow to a crawl during peak Last night (Sunday). It should not happen that way.

I was out last night too, pinglotter a sea of total red, no connection to the outside world at all despite the modem being lit up like it was fine.

As I was troubleshooting with Start it all came back up and returned to normal operations.

There's been some packet loss issues as well, just minor compared to some of the ones I had before the noise on my line got fixed. I just chalk this all up to the nature of Rogers' crap. At $90+ a month I was fit to be tied. At $57 a month all in, I can put up with it. If the CRTC ever gets around to extricating their heads from Rogers' ass and forces them to fix their shit and be more transparent about trouble, I may bump my package up, but I'm good with what I'm paying for and getting.

Mike

confused123
@108.168.17.x

confused123 to imtiax

Anon

to imtiax
said by imtiax:

I'm not a Start customer, I'm directly with Rogers and I've been having similar issues for the past few days.

Theres a Rogers packet loss thread in the Rogers section as well.
»Rogers packetloss

This has nothing to do with start's issue, completely different issue.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

It's a different issue, but will effect our customers as well - ie with the World Cup a lot of local nodes were stressed.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to penman4

to penman4
What?! 87.5MB/day usage?

Do you use your internet at all? My iPhone notifications would use up more than that