spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Emily_Newbie
@75.110.52.x

Emily_Newbie

Anon

I'm being charged $10 for 0.6gb over my 255gb limit

Just got an email from Suddenlink about my overage.

I'm being charged $10 for 0.6gb over my 255gb limit. (since it's my 3rd time)

Really? $10 for 0.6gb?

What are the chances of getting it waived if contact Suddenlink customer service?

Thanks!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

1 recommendation

moldypickle

Premium Member

Probably 0, you did go over. You're also being charged for another 50 gig block, not just 0.6 gigs

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to Emily_Newbie

Premium Member

to Emily_Newbie
I thought the limit was 250 GB (350 for higher tiers)? Sounds like you went 5.6 GB over.
AricBrown
join:2002-12-11
Amarillo, TX

AricBrown

No.. its actually 255gb. I feel you bro I got dingged for going 5 or 6 gigs over on my last day.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
The cap IS 250, but there is a buffer they have added. So trying to use the buffer up also is just playing with fire if $10 will break you.

IMACOSMONAUT
join:2014-03-22
Pflugerville, TX

IMACOSMONAUT

Click for full size
500 for 300 tier

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra to Emily_Newbie

Premium Member

to Emily_Newbie
It doesn't seem to matter with a lot of people where the limit is. If some people go a teeny bit over, they will complain/plead. A limit is a limit. If you don't want to pay $10 more, the easiest way is not to go over in the first place, instead of exceeding it then pleading. I don't care if you go one octet over; the limit, if they're going to use one, has to be set somewhere, and the extra block size for what you pay has to be set somewhere. One can only hope that it's something on the order of a few nanocents per octet (granularity of individual octets), but that's unlikely to happen.

All that being said, I am on principle opposed to UBB. The reason is, I have no control over what the Internet in general can do to me. If I had some sort of access to my ISP's routers, such that I could arbitrarily block traffic before it transits my link (therefore not be charged for it), then it might be completely just. But as it is, anyone anywhere can arbitrarily decide to start pinging me (or send any other type of traffic) and it would count against any cap. Ignoring for a moment wanting to eliminate property damage due to pipes freezing and leaking, I can control usage of all my other utilities (electricity, natural gas, water) by simply shutting them off or otherwise curtailing usage. While in an absolute sense I could turn off my cable modem when I am not retrieving information, just imagine what it would be like if I had to allow it to boot each time I wanted to move to the next Web page, thus making such a tactic mostly impractical (and it still does not control what other people can do while I am connected).