spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rrt2008
join:2008-02-06
Keswick, ON

rrt2008

Asus rt-n66u very slow

I have already verified that slow uploads and downloads are only happening on the wireless side. My desktop gets my full advertised speed. I have 2 iPads that are horribly slow on my wifi from the asus router. I have verified via inSIDER that my Chanel's aren't interfered with on 2.4 and 5 GHz. Sites either will not load or very slowly. Using n for wifi, 20 MHz for bandwidth. QoS is off. Any ideas? I'm about to return the router as my old WD MyNet 600 was much faster
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

How are you testing to determine you are getting show up/download on wireless? Internet
speed test?

Your desktop getting full speed, is it because it's wired into your home router?

How fast is your internet package exactly?

You're very short on information OP, but I'll tell you right now this has the markings
of a "my speedtest sucks over wireless, but my wired connection I get full speeds"
issue, which I'll answer simply SPEED TESTS OVER WIRELESS ARE MAKE OF SUCK!

If you don't want wire clutter, get wireless. If you want reliability / speed, go wired.
I can't make it any shorter than that.

My 00000010bits

Regards

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

1 recommendation

Hard Harry7 to rrt2008

to rrt2008
First I would suggest looking at the wireless connection rate. You can do this by Windows + R > NCPA.CPL > Right click wireless network connection > left click status and you will see "Speed" and a number.

Next, you mentioned 2.4Ghz is slow, but what about the 5Ghz? Even if there is no network congestion there could still be interference somewhere, either passive or active.

Last, are you using the speedtest site in the browser or the App? Could be a bottle neck if using the site since it runs on flash. Can you test with a laptop see if thats also slow?

Oh and also I assume you have it secured? I would check the client status on the right side of the main page on the routers 198.168.1.1 main UI. That will also show you what signal strength your devices are getting.