spc
Search similar:

uniqs
slick1ru23
join:2003-06-07
Marietta, GA

slick1ru23

On 3.0 Port, Charged For It, But Given 1.5

I live in western NC, Haywood County, and a year ago go ordered 3mbps DSL. This is a vacation home. I returned this summer and the speed is very slow. I called support and found out that although I am paying for 3.0 I am hooked up to a 1.5mbps service. My actual speeds are between 0.3-1.2mbps download, 0.2 upload. I have called repeatedly. I have spent over 20 hours on the phone trying to get the 3.0 I've been paying for the past year. I am being told by the local repair man who came out 2 weeks ago when I first called to complain of the slow speed that I am on a 3.0 port but by the national support that someone at the local office didn't put me down for 3.0 on my profile when it was installed although they put it on a 3.0 port. And now they say they can't increase my speed to 3.0 because there is no available port. BUT I AM ON A 3.0 PORT! However the installer that came out to my house 2 weeks ago said I am on a 3.0 port. I am being told in the next 6 months, a 3.0 port may open up. This being a vacation home, I won't be there anyway at that time.

I've had customer service AND billing on the phone and they are each saying the reason I am not getting 3.0 is the other's fault.

I was refunded a dollar a month for the speed different. Wow

I was accused by one phone rep of not paying my bill and my phone being shut off which has NEVER happened.

My last phone call I was told that I had requested my DSL disconnected, WHICH I DID NOT.

The 1-888 number people are blaming the local office. I am on a 3.0 port ANYWAY, why am I waiting? Why am I only getting a dollar a month when I have constantly low speeds, even for 1.5.

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386

I have been installing ADSL systems since October 2000. The vast majority have been for BellSouth/AT&T, but also a few hundred for (then labeled) Embarq. I have never, EVER, seen a system that had 1.5 and/or 3.0 ports. The max speed was always determined on what generation the shelf is, and how it the shelf was turned up. Such as 48 customers sharing a few T1's, 216 or 432 sharing a T3, etc...

One, or more, of the following is happening:

1) The CO or RT you're being fed from has a few different xDSL platforms. You're on one that is limited to 1.5, and need to move to another that is capable of 3.0.

2) The system you're currently connected to is capable of the speeds you want, but you're provisioned wrong.

3) You're provisioned properly, but you have line issues.
weaseled386

weaseled386 to slick1ru23

to slick1ru23
One thing that suggests you need to move from one system to another is the disconnect comment. Without knowing it you requested the disconnect when you ordered the faster service. You cannot be connected to two systems at one, and the "upgrade" order is actually a disconnect service / connect service order internally.
slick1ru23
Marietta, GA

slick1ru23

The initial order, a year back, when first connected was for 3.0, never ordered 1.5 in the first place. Jargon aside, the tech that came out two weeks ago said the system I am on is capable of 3.0 and they said the national support number was lying saying it wasn't.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

@slick:
Post your issue on the AT&T Direct forum.
Address your issue to David and wait for a reply it might take a day or two, but be patient he will get it resolved.
slick1ru23
Marietta, GA

slick1ru23

Yes, I did it too. I figured I might get some attention in the open forum. I had a Comcast issue a few years back, posted in the open forum, the Atlanta marketing director read it and she had the area manager in my house 2 hours later. Thanks for responding.