Search similar:

uniqs

Lync
@69.133.18.x

Lync

Anon

[Internet] Faulty MAC Address?

Hello,

I am in Cincinnati, OH and I recently purchased a brand new Zoom 5341J modem to replace my SurfBoard 6120. I hooked up the new Zoom, watched until the lights were all solid signaling the channel bonding and connection, then I hooked in my WiFi router. The link light on the modem signaled the connection. I then got on the network on my laptop and was rerouted to the provisioning page for TWC. I gave them a call and gave them the MAC address that the provisioning page found on my network. They went through the motions said they saw the modem on the system and everything should be good, but no internet. I then did the same steps with MAC address on the physical sticker on the modem (this MAC is different from the one the provisioning page sees). They verified it, told me they saw it on their system, all the lights were good on my end, still no internet. The technical support told me it was a bad modem, even though it was brand new.

My question is: Does this modem have a faulty MAC if the sticker and the TWC system are seeing two different addresses? What is the likely-hood that this modem was a reconditioned product? Should I exchange this for a new modem?

Thanks in advance,
Lync

xer008
Premium Member
join:2000-05-22
socal

xer008

Premium Member

Very unlikely but could happen
Did the MAC on the provisioning page begin with the same 6 digits as the sticker?

Was the modem in bridge mode?, was the provisioning page seeing the modems MAC, or the routers MAC?