spc
Search similar:

uniqs
paredown38
join:2014-07-13
USA

paredown38

Resetting Wireless settings on MI424WR-GEN3I

Trying to remote troubleshoot my MIL's new Verizon setup.

She cannot seem to connect with her Ipad (only wireless device) Her Verizon router does not show up on the network dropdown, nor can I get it to connect by entering SSID and WPA-2 password

I am now logged into her computer and router remotely using TeamViewer. Initially it showed that the wireless radio was on--yet it showed 0 packets sent or received.

I have tried to turn radio off and then back on--Wireless Settings->Basic Security Settings->1. Turn Wireless On

When I do so, the status box at the bottom immediately shows Wireless 'On'. When I then click to apply, it tells me to wait 30 seconds--refreshes, and then it comes back up showing the 'Radio Enabled' as 'no' when I check wireless status.

Am I missing a procedural order in which the choices must be made to hold the settings?

Or does she have a farked router??
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

Seems like the wireless radio in the router is broken.
propcgamer
join:2001-10-10

propcgamer to paredown38

to paredown38
Try getting her to do a factory reset on the router. (a pin in the back reset hole for 15 seconds)
paredown38
join:2014-07-13
USA

paredown38

Already did a reload config and a factory reset.

AFAIK, the router failed in its first week. Verizon seems to think so--they are sending a new one.

It sucks though, since she is not close to me, so she'll have to hook it up herself--Verizon Support cannot authorize an installer without charging for it--even though it is essentially a new installation.

She has trouble figuring out her iPad so I can't wait to explain what wires go where--especially since I don't have the same unit.

If anyone knows a super secret contact number for real support dudes in the Leesburg VA/Metro DC area I would appreciate the info.

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham

Premium Member

Post in VZDirect here...your MIL should be able to get a dispatch on defective equipment without it being considered an "install".

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to paredown38

to paredown38
Click for full size
UserManualRevI.pdf
13,522,918 bytes
said by paredown38:

She has trouble figuring out her iPad so I can't wait to explain what wires go where--especially since I don't have the same unit.

If it can help I'm attaching the pdf manual(I hope it's allowed) that I downloaded from Verizon. Page 14 shows the rear panel of a Rev I router that shows all you want know to install this router if that's what she's getting.
KGB7
join:2003-12-17
Rockville, MD

KGB7 to paredown38

to paredown38
Have her take a pic of the rear of the router with all the wires attached. Then with new router just look at the pic and match the holes with correct wires.

I'm willing to take the drive over, but youll have to cover my fuel.