Search similar:

uniqs
kmdean
join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL

kmdean to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: [TV] Six Tuner DVR

...and the next odd thing is... Channel 1060 CBS and 1267 Travel disappeared from my Favorites, so I added 1267 back but 1060 was nowhere to be found in the favorites list, guide or direct tuning. It was just gone. Rebooted again and the just re-added 1267 was not a favorite again... so re-added it... and 1060 was back so I was able to re-add it as well, but the series recording for Extant at 10pm didn't set to record, so manually added that.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by kmdean:

...and the next odd thing is... Channel 1060 CBS and 1267 Travel disappeared from my Favorites, so I added 1267 back but 1060 was nowhere to be found in the favorites list, guide or direct tuning. It was just gone. Rebooted again and the just re-added 1267 was not a favorite again... so re-added it... and 1060 was back so I was able to re-add it as well, but the series recording for Extant at 10pm didn't set to record, so manually added that.

When you make a change please allow 5 minutes before rebooting....
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

Gotcha figured that one bit may have been a memory setting not saved to disk issue. I'm more concerned about odd disappearances of channels... which frankly happened with my Cisco before when they disappeared from the Favorites but this was the first time a channel completely disappeared like it didn't exist.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Guys I meant to tell you this sorry...totally slipped my mind...you must wait 5 minutes after making changes before a reboot or the changes dont stick....its by design.
swbrains
join:2004-04-14
Land O Lakes, FL

swbrains to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Hit me on the direct side and I'll look at the real tools

Any update on this?
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
And now for a positive followup...

I had a 4-way record at 9pm and a 5-way record at 10pm and was watching recordings during this and it all seemed to be handled with nary an appearance of having an effect on the performance of the box. Everything felt the same with 5 shows recording as it did when no shows were recording. I've only had a chance to watch a few of those recordings and only had a few and far between video hiccups, but I had similar issues before this dvr.

So, at least on that front things appear to be good.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by kmdean:

And now for a positive followup...

I had a 4-way record at 9pm and a 5-way record at 10pm and was watching recordings during this and it all seemed to be handled with nary an appearance of having an effect on the performance of the box. Everything felt the same with 5 shows recording as it did when no shows were recording. I've only had a chance to watch a few of those recordings and only had a few and far between video hiccups, but I had similar issues before this dvr.

So, at least on that front things appear to be good.

Thanks KM
Gator5000e
join:2013-09-02
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to swbrains

to swbrains
The machine seems to record multiple shows just fine. IT recorded 2 last evening while I was watching a third. Nice change. But I can't get used to the change of picture quality. If I can't get used to it, I will be switching back to the Cisco.

AS a point of reference, I watch Wreck It Ralph on Starz last night. A very vibrant and colorful animated movie. I am sorry, but I can see a clear difference in the picture quality. It is not as vibrant or colorful, as I have said before. I also compared the picture of the Samsung box to the picture on another large TV i have a regular HD box hooked up to. The regular HD box picture looked better with the same movie.

I don't know if the software needs tweaking (update or fix how it handles the HDMI - I've had that happen in the past on DirecTV - they had a software update that screwed the HDMI will degraded the picture quality - after lots of complaints, they finally fixed it and all was good again) or if this is just a characteristic of the Samsung box. I will give it some more time. Since it is a fairly new box across the BHN line, maybe some software tweaks will help.

So, to date, recording multiple shows - great; picture quality - not so much.
Glennr
join:2014-08-01

Glennr to kmdean

to kmdean
Could some one with a Samsung please try doing a search (blue button) while recording at the same time? My search slows to a crawl if I do this.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean to Gator5000e

to Gator5000e
Must be something specific to your equipment. I am not seeing anything washed out compared to the Cisco. Are you using the same HDMI input as before? Different inputs often have different picture settings on your TV. Are you only running HDMI and not also running a composite or component connection that it's inadvertently switched to?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Glennr

Premium Member

to Glennr
said by Glennr:

Could some one with a Samsung please try doing a search (blue button) while recording at the same time? My search slows to a crawl if I do this.

said by Glennr:

You referring to our 6 tuner? If so please get with me in direct I need to grab some data from that box....
Glennr

Glennr

Yes the six tuner. what do you need to get the information from my box? Search is very fast but goes to very slow if I am recording at the same time.
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to kmdean

to kmdean
Everything is exactly the same. All I did was remove the Cisco and plug in the Samsung using the same HDMI cable. And no composite or component cable attached at all.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Glennr

Premium Member

to Glennr
said by Glennr:

Yes the six tuner. what do you need to get the information from my box? Search is very fast but goes to very slow if I am recording at the same time.

Just the usual info....modem MAC and then the specific box serial number and some time/program examples if you have them would be very helpful.
Glennr

Glennr

I guess we can drop the slow search issue. I have tried to reproduce the issue and cannot. The firmware has not changed from 7.1.2.
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to swbrains

to swbrains
How do you check the firmware?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains
The firmware will not change on these boxes for a while....so if you are expecting it to change or that a change is in play right now...it isn't.
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to swbrains

to swbrains
So we don't get the What's Hot page on the Samsung that we used to get on the Cisco?
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel

said by Gator5000e:

So we don't get the What's Hot page on the Samsung that we used to get on the Cisco?

It's not quite the same, but you can get similar to "What's Hot" on channel 1000.
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to swbrains

to swbrains
I don't know if this is a problem, indicative of a problem or designed, but not seen this on any STB I've ever used before. When you go to the list of recorded shows and press enter to view one, the next screen that pops up, with the info about the recording, does not fill the entire screen. On the right and left hand sides of this box, you can see what playing on the TV screen. The box doesn't fill the screen. Same with the progress bar box that comes up when you hit pause. The box does not fill the screen all the way to the sides. Is this by design or is it having trouble of some kind reading the screen? I don't recall this on prior STBs.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

I see the same thing with the some screens on the interface not filling the screen. Not sure if it's a glitch or just how the Samsungs do their thing on some screens.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains
Guys this is running a different version of code than other boxes including DVR's. There will be some differences in interface. As long as the request action works then we're good...if something is broken then let me know.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Edit: Replied to wrong thread!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains
LOL!

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Since we've had the new DVR, I am noticing a strange audio... glitch(?), when pausing and resuming. Simply put, I can pause (live or previously recorded) a show and when I go to resume, there is a small... squelch-like sound, for lack of a better term, for just a split second before the feed resumes. I have not found it to be with any specific channels or shows, just seems all of them. Connected via HDMI, the route is DVR > Sony NSZ-GS8 > TV. I admit I cannot remember if this happened before the Sony box was in the middle, but even when the Sony box is off and in pass thru mode, this happens.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by telijah:

Since we've had the new DVR, I am noticing a strange audio... glitch(?), when pausing and resuming. Simply put, I can pause (live or previously recorded) a show and when I go to resume, there is a small... squelch-like sound, for lack of a better term, for just a split second before the feed resumes. I have not found it to be with any specific channels or shows, just seems all of them. Connected via HDMI, the route is DVR > Sony NSZ-GS8 > TV. I admit I cannot remember if this happened before the Sony box was in the middle, but even when the Sony box is off and in pass thru mode, this happens.

Have you tried component cables to see if the issue happens with those as well?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to telijah

Premium Member

to telijah
said by telijah:

Trav I need to get some specifics from your equipment...if you could also send me a simple video of it that would be awesome.

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah to gigahurtz

Premium Member

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

Have you tried component cables to see if the issue happens with those as well?

Not yet, my brother only informed me of this yesterday, but he also said it did happen as well with HDMI going straight from the DVR to the TV. I am gonna try bypassing the Sony box first to confirm, and then components if it still exists.

Edit: Had to edit as I conflicted my own comments from before... this DID happen without the Sony box...
telijah

telijah to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Trav I need to get some specifics from your equipment...if you could also send me a simple video of it that would be awesome.

Want the specifics in the Direct forum? I will try and post a vid tonight here in this thread. The DVR is the Arris - MT3600M accourding to My Services
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by telijah:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Want the specifics in the Direct forum? I will try and post a vid tonight here in this thread. The DVR is the Arris - MT3600M accourding to My Services

Yes please all the details...you can email me any vid you are able to get out of it....the more the better. I know this is pain but it helps a bunch shy of me paying you a visit to catch it first hand.