Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DCELL

Premium Member

to DCELL

Re: [TV] Six Tuner DVR

said by DCELL:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Guys... I have some good news

For an introductory 30-day period, we will be waiving the $24.95 upgrade charge for existing DVR customers who self-install the equipment or who upgrade while a tech is in the home. Truck roll installations will still be charged.

Still only Tampa Bay, right?

For now yes...

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer

I figure it'll be a while before it makes it to Indy, which is understandable, but I'm still curious. Will these new DVRs have the same UI or will it be different? Perhaps something similar to Comcast's X1?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains
Same...

steelingbox
join:2005-07-09
Casselberry, FL

1 recommendation

steelingbox to Aprel

to Aprel
What you dont know is every single piece of equipment that gets returned to BHN is completely taken apart, cleaned, and tested. If that equipment fails the testing it is sent over to a technician who will try and repair it and if it cannot be repaired it is trashed. The quality control of BHN equipment is really top notch from my dealings with other companies.

turtleguy
join:2014-01-30
Saint Petersburg, FL

turtleguy to swbrains

to swbrains
tivo...nuff said. Even the remote reports when it needs a new battery!
skatermike21
join:2012-09-08
Gibsonton, FL

skatermike21 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

For an introductory 30-day period, we will be waiving the $24.95 upgrade charge for existing DVR customers who self-install the equipment or who upgrade while a tech is in the home. Truck roll installations will still be charged.

I'd take you up on this offer if it worked with the WHDVR. Will this happen during the 30 days? Or will it happen post intro and then those who want to replace the 2 tuner WHDVR will have to pay the $24.95?
Pharmgirl99
join:2014-01-15
Clearwater, FL

Pharmgirl99 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Is it possible to get the upgrade charge removed from my account before my next bill then?
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Thanks Gary. I'm glad to see that BHN is listening to us (at least a little.)
said by gigahurtz:

While this is great 'news'... isn't this completely against all the excuses you laid out above regarding it being new equipment and supply is limited as well as if you want the latest technology you're going to have to pay the premium? I bet you wish you could take that comment back This is simply proof that Brighthouse can easily do things like this and it would go a long way in keeping their customers happy.

Sorry Gig, but I'm NOT on your side on this. BHN listened and waved the fee. Yes it may have been a money grab, but it isn't any more.

Thanks again Gary. Now let's get that truckload of DVR's in Flagler County!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by allowiches:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by gigahurtz:

While this is great 'news'... isn't this completely against all the excuses you laid out above regarding it being new equipment and supply is limited as well as if you want the latest technology you're going to have to pay the premium? I bet you wish you could take that comment back This is simply proof that Brighthouse can easily do things like this and it would go a long way in keeping their customers happy.

Sorry Gig, but I'm NOT on your side on this. BHN listened and waved the fee. Yes it may have been a money grab, but it isn't any more.

We are going as fast as we possibly can for you guys in CFL....I will have an update a bit later on that.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Pharmgirl99

Premium Member

to Pharmgirl99
said by Pharmgirl99:

Is it possible to get the upgrade charge removed from my account before my next bill then?

Yes if there is a problem reach out to me and I will take care of it...
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to skatermike21

Premium Member

to skatermike21
said by skatermike21:

said by BHNtechXpert:

I'd take you up on this offer if it worked with the WHDVR. Will this happen during the 30 days? Or will it happen post intro and then those who want to replace the 2 tuner WHDVR will have to pay the $24.95?

It will eventually work with WHDVR....with the same box you get from the start...no changes.
meach13
join:2007-04-05
Bessemer, AL

meach13 to swbrains

to swbrains
These units the same size as the 8742?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by meach13:

These units the same size as the 8742?

No the Cisco is tiny...these are more inline with standard DVR size and slightly thinner.
Pharmgirl99
join:2014-01-15
Clearwater, FL

Pharmgirl99 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Just got off the phone with Customer Care and they didn't know anything about this. What info do you need me to direct post to you?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains
Just your modem MAC and I will take care of the rest....
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to steelingbox

to steelingbox
said by steelingbox:

What you dont know is every single piece of equipment that gets returned to BHN is completely taken apart, cleaned, and tested. If that equipment fails the testing it is sent over to a technician who will try and repair it and if it cannot be repaired it is trashed. The quality control of BHN equipment is really top notch from my dealings with other companies.

While I respect that may be the policy, my experience with replacing BHN DVRs is QA is rather perfunctory.
kmdean
join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL

kmdean

Yeah, just because the DVR is "working" doesn't mean it's not annoying. I've had the 8300HD, three 8300HDCs and finally a 8742HDC. 2 of the 3 8300 HDCs were loud and vibrated so much that it translated and amplified through the cabinet it was sitting in... so much so that I placed it on flexible foam to dissipate the vibration. The last one I had was a lot quieter but still was better with foam. So yes they worked, but were annoying to listen to. That's what happens when 10 year old technology continues to be recycled. The 8742HDC is night and day and completely quiet. Hopefully the 6 tuner dvrs are the same and quiet since they're new.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains
They are very quiet...larger but quiet.

Cisco
@70.125.16.x

Cisco

Anon

I like the fact the 6-tuner DVR will not require a change of equipment once its Whole House DVR feature becomes active. Customer Service advised me otherwise; said a different 6-Tuner model would be required....would hate to lose Recordings.

Hard drive; 1TB....Internal? Or, 500GB Internal with 500GB option....external for a total of 1TB?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Cisco :

said a different 6-Tuner model would be required

That is not correct....

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to allowiches

Premium Member

to allowiches
said by allowiches:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by gigahurtz:

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to see the 'change of heart' on this one but I guess I'm not as easy as you Gary won't admit that they changed the policy because of us though..
skatermike21
join:2012-09-08
Gibsonton, FL

skatermike21 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
So if I wanted it with the whdvr I'd be better off getting it now without the fee vs waiting for whdvr to be ready. Dont really want to do that because I'd lose the whdvr in the meantime. Ugh decisions...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Aprel

Premium Member

to Aprel
said by Aprel:

said by mixdup:

Well, given that it's a new product it's probably a good bet you'll get new equipment.

Certainly much more likely. We'll see how long the delay before it's extended to CFL, and whether it's long enough that used equipment from Tampa could be shipped over and mixed in with new inventory in CFL.

It will be a couple of months and you will still get new equipment most likely. I can't promise 100% but the chances are it will be a new box.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Aprel:

said by mixdup:

Well, given that it's a new product it's probably a good bet you'll get new equipment.

Certainly much more likely. We'll see how long the delay before it's extended to CFL, and whether it's long enough that used equipment from Tampa could be shipped over and mixed in with new inventory in CFL.

It will be a couple of months and you will still get new equipment most likely. I can't promise 100% but the chances are it will be a new box.

If someone were to get it now, I assume they would have to cancel their WHDVR service in the mean time and switch to a non-WHDVR promotion. Is that correct?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

No it could be a standalone DVR in the meantime and they could keep thier WHDVR as it stands now. It would require a MoCA filter just to be sure things play nice on the 6 tuner but not a big issue.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

I understand. I know it's not available in CFL yet but I currently have 1 WHDVR with 1 client box (two total boxes). When it does become available I was considering getting that and dropping WHDVR. Would that cause any issues with my promotion or should I be able to transition to another one?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Since WHDVR is not part of any promotional packaging no it would not cause issues and with some luck WHDVR option will be available by the time CFL comes on board. I'll know more in a bit.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

That would definitely simplify things. It would be great to simply add it to the package I currently have and just have the additional $5/mo fee (and possible one time upgrade fee).
nelsonj3
join:2012-06-22
Lakeland, FL

nelsonj3 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Tampa Bay does still include Lakeland, right?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by nelsonj3:

Tampa Bay does still include Lakeland, right?

Not if we can help it ....