join:2012-12-23
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

2 recommendations

applerule

Premium Member

[Help] New member - am I doing something wrong?

Hey all, I've been curious about setting up F@H for quite a while. I have plenty of CPU resources around that do not get utilized, so I figured I should put them to good use.

I finally got everything configured and setup last night. I have been folding for approximately 18-ish hours now for Team 4 under my username/passkey I created. When I look at my contributions on the F@H site, I cannot even find my username. I've tried searching by passkey and username and get nothing.

Does it take a while for that page to update or have I set something up wrong? I know I have completed several work units. I also have put up a paste of a log from my busiest machine so you can see if you see a problem there.

Log pasted here> »pastebin.com/mTwkpUkc

Thanks!

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

dandelion

MVM

Letting more experts help you, just wanted to say Hey *waves*

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

squirt to applerule

MVM

to applerule
Hi applerule,

Welcome. Your team number looks fine on the log, and it looks like you're successfully uploading results.

I think that the F@H stats site is a bit behind, though. When I look at the date of the last work unit on

»fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi ··· eamnum=4

it's from yesterday

2014-07-12 18:15:22

So, your numbers should be up when things are 'back to normal' there ...

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
Hi applerule and welcome to Team Helix.

Looking at your log, I see you have completed one WU. Here is the identifying info: Project: 6367 (Run 6, Clone 14, Gen 57)

Because I am an admin on the main folding site, foldingforum.org, I am able to look up some info on WUs. For example, with the project number, run, clone and Gen numbers (see above) I can look to see if the WU has been credited and, if so, how much has been credited.

So far, I don't see any return info for that particular WU. I'll see if I can find any reports about its work server.

BRB, although squirt's answer is likely the reason.
Sunny

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
And, yes, problems with the stats server get posted in one huge topic. Here is the link for the latest report about the stats being down again.

»foldingforum.org/viewtop ··· #p267004

Here is an acknowledgement from one of our site moderators over there.
said by "Joe_H" :
Please see this topic - »foldingforum.org/viewtop ··· &t=26191. Until they can get the sys admins working on them Monday, stats may be delayed as they have had to run them manually since yesterday.
You may want to sign up for an account over there if for no other reason than to be able to report problems with servers or questions about a WU for which you didn't receive credit.

All that said, welcome to Team Helix. We're really glad to have you folding with us.
Sunny

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
Here is the encouraging info from your log after you ended the first WU and started the second.

================

264.03:36:40:WU00:FS00:Upload complete
265.03:36:40:WU00:FS00:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
266.03:36:40:WU00:FS00:Final credit estimate, 1780.00 points
Sunny

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
I see you did your homework, got a passkey, remembered to enter your name and team number. Excellent!
quote:
55.22:43:08: User Information
56.22:43:08: passkey v='********************************'
57.22:43:08: team v='4'
58.22:43:08: user v='applerule'

Be sure to keep a copy of the passkey in a safe (backed up) place. Keep the email id you used in the same safe place. If you need help from Pande Group in the future regarding a lost passkey, you will only be able to identify yourself if you can give the PG member helping you the email address you used to get the passkey. Use the same passkey, same exact user id and team number for every client you install.

The only time you would ever want to share that passkey is if you encounter problems and a foldingforum.org mod/admin asks for it, privately, to be able to get info needed to help you. Rare, though.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine to applerule

Premium Member

to applerule
Welcome, applerule!
applerule
Premium Member
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

7 recommendations

applerule to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Thanks all for your help and support.

I'm folding across three machines (two i7's and a core2 quad)...none are fully "dedicated" right now...only folding when idle. I may change that up in the future if I get into it enough.

I work in I.T. for a living so I have some decently powerful computing resources at home. I build a lot of VMs at home for dev/testing, but when I'm not doing that my machines sit (mostly) idle. I figure why not put what power I have available to me toward a good cause? Every little bit helps, right?

I have all my folding machines in FAHControl...and it says I should be around 22k points per day...so we will see how that pans out.

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef to applerule

MVM

to applerule
Welcome aboard, applerule!!!

Glad to see that everything is working properly for you now, and that everything is being logged okay.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to applerule

to applerule

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA
·Charter
Hitron E31N2V1

suprleg to applerule

Premium Member

to applerule

To Team Helix!

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to applerule

Premium Member

to applerule

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

2 recommendations

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
While delayed stats do occur from time to time and we get accustomed to it, I particularly hate it when that problem occurs for a new folder.

Just so you know, I will keep checking for Project: 6367 (Run 6, Clone 14, Gen 57) and let you know when it is credited.
applerule
Premium Member
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

1 recommendation

applerule

Premium Member

said by Sunny:

Just so you know, I will keep checking for Project: 6367 (Run 6, Clone 14, Gen 57) and let you know when it is credited.

Thanks for your help! No worries...I've been folding the entire time. It looks like my stats are starting to appear on the website now.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do...

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

That's hopeful, probably means the later ones are getting posted to the stats, but it will take some time to catch up with the backlog for those uploaded during the problem period.
Sunny

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
I just checked. It is up there now.

Project 6367, Run 6, Clone 14, Gen 57

Donator: applerule Team: 4
CPUId: XXXXXXXX2796548F
Credit: 324.5 Credit Time: 2014-07-14 15:38:28
Entered into logs at: 2014-07-14 15:30:27
WU assigned to donor at: 2014-07-12 19:43:19
Days taken to complete WU: 1.82

The reason the actual credit is lower than the estimate is probably mostly because you have to complete 10 WUs successfully before the bonus points begin to be awarded.

Since you're not folding 24x7 at 100 percent, that may be part of the difference as well.

I have been folding since 2001 and have not had any trouble with just letting the clients fold full speed 24/7. The core backs off when you are using cycles rather politely. Exceptions might occur in individual cases where the CPU/GPU is being used intensely. I think, though, I don't do that much at home, so it hasn't been a problem for me.
Sunny

1 recommendation

Sunny to applerule

to applerule
Congratulations! It seems you have been quite productive already.

applerule
Premium Member
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

1 recommendation

applerule

Premium Member

Yay...I plan on cranking things up slowly. Right now I have an i7-2600 and a core 2 quad running on low when idle, and I have another i7-3520 that I let run on full at night.

I will probably turn my i7-2600 up to full 24x7 depending on how it affects the machine, or at least full when idle.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

2 recommendations

squirt

MVM

Hi applerule,

If you want, you can add your start date info in the anniversary thread ... »Team Helix Anniversary Greetings
applerule
Premium Member
Northeast TN

1 recommendation

applerule

Premium Member

Done
xrobertcmx
Premium Member
join:2001-06-18
White Plains, MD