All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
z101891
join:2014-07-13

z101891

[Free] Belarc Advisor Installation Problem

I recently received my new desktop computer. It came with Windows 7 Ultimate installed on one of the 3 hard drives.
The first thing I installed was Belarc Advisor. I did this so I would have a full inventory of my system. I have been using Belarc for many years.
I downloaded Belarc onto another computer I own and copied the installation file onto my new computer. The installation went great and I was able to get a complete inventory of my new computer.
I forgot that I already had it installed. The other day I downloaded the installation file again and attempted installation. I have always downloaded from the Belarc website.
When I tried the reinstallation, I got the following message box:

This software requires an additional 14857038 K bytes free on the C:
> drive. Please remove any unnecessary files and try again.
>
> There are 3 options to select when I get this error. ABORT, RETRY, and
> IGNORE. These 3 options are the same ones I have been receiving
> on every reinstall.
>
> If I select IGNORE, it appears to install. But when I try to run it I
> only get a real quick flash of what appears to be a DOS box. That is
> all. Belarc Advisor does not run. If I select ABORT, the installation
> aborts normally. If I select RETRY, nothing happens.
>
> I have repeated the removal of the program through the traditional
> Windows add/remove programs, but I still get the error on each attempt
> to get it to run. My operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. As
> a reminder, I had successfully installed and used Belarc Advisor on
> this desktop approximately 6 weeks ago. I forgot I had it installed
> and attempted re-installation. I removed the program with traditional
> Windows add/remove programs and I have not been able to get it to
> install since.
>
I have uninstalled several times. I have used the standard Windows Uninstall without success. I have used Revo without success. I have sent a few messages to their support email address. Their reply suggested that I inquire here.
> Is there a possible to get a solution for this?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Over the many years I have had Advisor I have had an Advisor support person who posts here help here but I also have gotten help via email from them. The support person from Advisor sometimes doesn't see posts here very quickly so I am sort of puzzled why you weren't given help by email. But hopefully, with a new week starting BelarcGuy See Profile will see this thread and reply soon.

I think there must be some remnant of the original installation that is still on your computer and causing those errors when you try to reinstall it.

BelarcGuy See Profile hasn't visited here in eight weeks and five days but maybe the email support alerted someone (not always the same person) from Belarc to come here and help you.

porkpie
No Pork For 40 Days
join:2001-05-28
Cleveland, OH

porkpie to z101891

to z101891
Go to Start button>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup, run Drive:C and see if that helps.

Most of the boxes checked are safe to delete, if you have doubts just uncheck the boxes you are not sure about

Hope that this helps

MnR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-27
Iron Mountain, MI

MnR to z101891

Premium Member

to z101891
Hi,
I switched from Belarc to Speccy. Works for me

MnR