spc
Search similar:

uniqs
avolation
join:2012-07-28
Starkville, MS

avolation

Goodbye Metrocast. I hardly knew ye.

Won't fall into the domain of many of you. But I am a Mississippi user of Metrocast. They are selling their MS and AL holdings to BCI.

»www.google.com/webhp?sou ··· etrocast (plenty of different links)

Reported to be finalized by the 4th quarter of this year. The parent company "Block Communications" also owns and operates Buckeye Cable Systems(»www.buckeyecablesystem.c ··· ans.html) in Ohio.

Kinda curious as to how this will play out with plans/pricing and if BCI plans on owning our cable systems for long. Reading up on the company leads me to believe they buy, gut, and sell companies as long as they aren't local in Ohio. The fact that CSpire will soon be offering 1gbps fiber in almost every area in MS that metrocast currently service lends to this conclusion.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

nelamvr6

Premium Member

Link doesn't work...
avolation
Starkville, MS

1 edit

avolation

weird, must be a google instant thing. removed all but the query from the url

»www.google.com/#q=bci+bu ··· etrocast

after a little more 'not sleepy' research. It appears BCI also purchased Allegiance cable (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas) James Cable[mediastream] (Georgia) all in the last 12 months.

So that will mean they have a footprint in 9 states. Unfortunately Buckeye, Mediastream, and Allegiance are severely lagging behind in speed offerings. I'm quite curious as to what they are up to.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

well that Cspire deal looks very good for you
avolation
Starkville, MS

avolation

said by Jim_in_VA:

well that Cspire deal looks very good for you

Unfortunately I live 10 miles out of town. RIGHT at the literal edge of metrocast. if I lived 50 more foot (or in the next house) I would be stuck with 768kbps dsl. (ATT used to offer 6mbps, but all the ports are full and they haven't added more in 8 years)

Fiber won't be making it from starkville out this far for atleast 20 years.