All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mdpeterman
join:2010-10-10
Pflugerville, TX

mdpeterman

WOW Maintenance? Bonding more than 8 now?

Looks like on Friday my modem went down and restarted (I wasn't home at the time). Looks like my modems signal levels have improved and while I can't say for certain, I think my downstream channels changed as well as my upstream channel ID.
WOWDan, are more than 8 channels being bonded on the CMTS with the MAC:00:01:5c:31:f6:82?

atcotr
@65.60.144.x

atcotr

Anon

I just got this notice:

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to mdpeterman

Premium Member

to mdpeterman
I have 8 downstream already but there is supposed to be Maintenance on the 28th here.
mdpeterman
Pflugerville, TX

mdpeterman to atcotr

to atcotr
Someone got a little excited typing Tuesday. Glad WOW! is better at providing Internet service than they are spelling!
mdpeterman

mdpeterman to chip89

to chip89
I've had 8 downstream for as long as I can remember with my SB6141 but I'm curious if there are now more than 8 channels being bonded. If so I'll get a 16x4 modem when they are more easily available.
ThunderWaffl4
join:2012-01-04

ThunderWaffl4 to mdpeterman

to mdpeterman
Just curious, how many upstream channel do you all have? I went from 2 to 3 about 2 weeks ago.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
Ooma Telo

devolved

I've got 6 down, 2 up here in Rapid City.

I went from 4/2 to 6/2 not long ago. I don't recall the exact date but it wasn't long ago. I had 4/2 when I first signed up when WOW was known as Knology here back in 2010.

I guess a quick Google search tells me the Arris CM820A leased from WOW is only capable of up to 8/4.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to mdpeterman

to mdpeterman
Click for full size
I clicked on the link to go to a site from a Google search and got this.

EDIT: At least WOW was kind enough to give a notice this time. I wonder if the outages/problems I experienced a few weeks ago had anything to do with this maintenance or related activities?

EDIT 2: I: just noticed that the date is 1/28 instead of 7/15... weird.
slyphoxj

slyphoxj to ThunderWaffl4

to ThunderWaffl4
said by ThunderWaffl4:

Just curious, how many upstream channel do you all have? I went from 2 to 3 about 2 weeks ago.

I've got 8 down and 2 up here in suburban Cleveland near Berea.

RootWyrm
join:2011-05-09

1 edit

RootWyrm

said by slyphoxj:

said by ThunderWaffl4:

I've got 8 down and 2 up here in suburban Cleveland near Berea.

Most of the area is served out of Blaze Parkway. (If you're around here, you know exactly where I speak of. Next to Corsa.) We'll have to wait and see as usual.

Though more likely addressing an ongoing equipment problem. The 585-602 band has been drifting badly low (I'm off a full -1dBmV with SNR below 37) for a while now. I don't think we're going to see much change since there's basically no reason to go past 8x1+1 (TDMA/ATDMA).

Edit: ugh, hopefully it's that and not a modem problem. 591's sitting at -3.02dBmV while most of the rest are +-0.5dBmV.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to mdpeterman

Premium Member

to mdpeterman
Most of our markets are running at least 8 downstream channels. The exceptions right now are the lower population areas of some of the former Knology areas, but all should be at least 8 by the end of this year. Many of the higher population areas are starting to go to up to 10 downstream channels as we upgrade hardware and free up bandwidth, some areas are as high as 12-15 downstream channels currently.

Upstream channels are a bit trickier as different markets have different technology in them that utilizes some of the upstream bandwidth. Every market has at least 2 upstream channels, though many are moving to 3 this year. A select few areas have 4 upstream channels currently.

Westerville will be at 8 channels at least for this year, so no need to get a modem that bonds any higher right now.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Well If I do get more channels I have Ultra Tv unless WOW comes out with a media gatway that can do more It would't matter.
mdpeterman
Pflugerville, TX

mdpeterman to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Well at least you guys are doing much better than TWC in the area. All of Westerville and most of Columbus - even densely populated apartment areas are still on 4x1 which is just stupid and not acceptable considering TWC will sell 50/5 to these customers despite not being able to deliver it during peak times. Luckily with WOW I never notice any congestion on my node.