uniqs

dianac
Premium Member
join:2014-06-13
Demarest, NJ

dianac

Premium Member

We are close to cancelling Netflix

During the day we can get SuperHD streams on Netflix with no problem. But in the evening we often struggle to get to 480SD!! We sometimes sit at 240 and 388 for long periods. It has made Netflix unusable.

nothing00
join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

4 recommendations

nothing00

While you're at it, downgrade your Verizon internet package to a speed they can provide.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

1 recommendation

patt2k

said by nothing00:

While you're at it, downgrade your Verizon internet package to a speed they can provide.

Downgrade Internet Tier only because of Netflix? lol.

nothing00
Centereach, NY

nothing00

What are you using the speed for? Faster email?
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

2 edits

1 recommendation

patt2k

Click for full size
said by nothing00:

What are you using the speed for? Faster email?

Well 11.00 MB/s versus 7.1 MB/s makes difference in downloading for me and the 10+ devices I have. Oh and also going back to 50/25 is -0$ for me and going to 75/35 is +0$. So yea.

So now ya dig why I have 75/35 over 50/25 ?
that is becuase of that 0$ difference
said by wiggie116:

I agree completely, why do need that much speed when you can't use where most people want to. I just signed up for 50/5 with TWC. Having the same issue with Netflix as my 7mbps DSL line through VZ. Fortunately I'm not in a contract with TWC so I'm dumping it after this month. I will save 10 bucks a month. I don't need to send email at 56.75 Mbps anyways works fine with 7.

Meant to post this on the main topic....

Look at my attachement.

wiggie116
Premium Member
join:2013-10-31
Pittsfield, MA
D-Link DSL-2750B
Actiontec GT784WN

wiggie116 to nothing00

Premium Member

to nothing00
I agree completely, why do need that much speed when you can't use where most people want to. I just signed up for 50/5 with TWC. Having the same issue with Netflix as my 7mbps DSL line through VZ. Fortunately I'm not in a contract with TWC so I'm dumping it after this month. I will save 10 bucks a month. I don't need to send email at 56.75 Mbps anyways works fine with 7.

Meant to post this on the main topic....

nothing00
Centereach, NY

nothing00 to patt2k

to patt2k
Obviously you have no incentive to downgrade.
dfxmatt
join:2007-08-21
Crystal Lake, IL

dfxmatt to patt2k

to patt2k
its as equally logical as the claim to cancel netflix, aka completely illogical.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76

I think cancelling netflix is more illogical. I'm a FiOS customer and I've been along for this continually degrading netflix on FiOS nightmare, we are getting slower speeds than frontier dsl now? that's sad.
Verizon isn't providing the data I paid for, I'm still under contract but after the contract is over if this isn't fixed switching to cable most likely.
dfxmatt
join:2007-08-21
Crystal Lake, IL

dfxmatt

You do understand that the speeds are in aggregate, right? It's entirely possible your situation could be worse or better than the described aggregate. I wouldn't be switching service to/from fios on the basis of "aggregate netflix speed". Do some actual testing of your personal bandwidth to netflix at different times and then you'll know your situation.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

1 edit

MovieLover76

I know my situation, I live with low quality 280 and 380 encodes every night on netflix. I check it frequently, the PS3 tells you exactly what encode you are watching.

This data just reaffirms that I'm not the only FiOS user paying for 50 mbps and not being able to keep up with a 6mbps Netflix stream.

I'm their customer and I pay them so they can provide me access to the internet, if their is a congestion point on the border to their network, they should pay to upgrade it and increase capacity. they shouldn't be asking for more money, they should accept it for free as it's data their customer's requested.

It's really that simple.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to dianac

to dianac
said by dianac:

During the day we can get SuperHD streams on Netflix with no problem. But in the evening we often struggle to get to 480SD!! We sometimes sit at 240 and 388 for long periods. It has made Netflix unusable.

Get a VPN and you get to ignore Verizon's traffic shaping crap and get full speed 100% of the time.