All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel

tvlistings.brighthouse.com bug in Chrome

No, the 430AM news does NOT come on at 130AM
This happens in Chrome. Firefox is not affected.

Go to tvlistings.brighthouse.com . Use the white ">" sign inside a solid blue circle on the right to navigate to future programming. Browse several hours ahead. Eventually the programming and times will mismatch.
kmdean
join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL

kmdean

Doesn't seem to affect Safari either, but I did confirm the issue in Chrome. If you click rapidly the time will get out of sync, but if you click and wait for the new contents to appear each time, it will stay in sync. Also if it's out of sync, clicking further and waiting from that point a few times will eventually get back in sync.
Aprel

Aprel

Tried waiting a good while between clicks, but for me the desync in Chrome happens even after waiting for content to load.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

Weird, I clicked through to Friday AM allowing the content to load after a second each time and it was still in sync. What's even weirder is I just rapidly clicked to Friday and it was still in sync where it was losing sync earlier.
Aprel

Aprel

Looks like Chrome uses different code than other browsers. At least comparing to Firefox, navigating left and right clears the grid (you see the loading square indicator) and redraws all at once, whereas in Chrome, you see the timeline fly forward and backward as the programming grid is redrawn. The timeline animation is the source of this problem.

I've used remote DVR in Chrome and haven't seen this problem there, and there is no timeline animation on that page.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

It does the animation in Safari without getting out of sync, so it must be something up with Chrome's javascript engine or something that is not a fully cross-browser compatible as they thought.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Go figure, Chrome has yet another bug (maybe). It should be known that I say this even though I use Chrome as my primary browser...

Edit: I never even knew of that site, I've always used bhtv.brighthouse.com, and it does not have this problem in Chrome.