how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ajac

join:2000-08-15
Norman, OK

[OK] speed increase?

So any specific date? I got a flyer stating in august (an ad for why to choose over AT&T) and been getting 32mbps speed for a few days not but not the 50mbps.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

»[AZ] Speed Increase July Rollout Date for Preferred/Premier
--
Despises any post with strings.

ajac

Norman, OK

So anyone in Oklahoma got theres yet? Cox employees seem clueless about it.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

arizona is supposed to be first and i haven't gotten it yet.
--
Despises any post with strings.

w0kie

join:2001-12-23
Tulsa, OK
reply to ajac

I'm hearing from an inside source that the Tulsa increase will happen "next week,"

ajac

Norman, OK

Hope that means OKC around the sametime.

markar

@72.204.72.x

Looks like mine was updated last night in NW Arkansas (Lowell). Are they going to upgrade the data caps also? I could use that more than the additional speed!

ajac

Norman, OK

at least no enforcement of it yet. They really need to double the data caps though no point i more speed if you cant use it. Though you can use it just get angry cox emails lol

sig551

@184.75.209.x

So I just spoke with Cox online about speed increases in Tulsa. They said on August 5th, at least for my account, premier, speeds will be going up to 100mbps downstream which is nice.

What REALLY sucks is that the upstream will remain unchanged at 10mbps, as well as the data cap. It will stay at a pathetic 300 gigabytes. So, look forward to hitting your data cap in 6.6 hours while downloading at full speed.

I don't see why Cox doesnt just change the plan to 300mbps downstream, they keep increasing speeds, without increasing data transit amounts, it won't require any infrastructure upgrades either way!!!

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

It's more difficult than one would realize to increase data allowances without first implementing infrastructure upgrades. That's roughly equivalent to allowing more cars to use the interstate at once without first widening the road. This is the very reason cities such as Atlanta and the greater South Florida region throttle how many cars can be on the highway at once.

ajac

Norman, OK

OKC aea seems to be going AT&T uverse so maybe why it wont be such a big problem here.

Hard Harry

join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to CoxTech1

said by CoxTech1:

This is the very reason cities such as Atlanta and the greater South Florida region throttle how many cars can be on the highway at once.

By that very logic don't they only "throttle" when traffic is high? So why not exclude any traffic not at peak hours. Push users to use the Cox network more efficiently at night. Cell phone companies have been doing it for decades with the "Unlimited nights and weekends" deal. Are you saying cellular technology is more robust then hardwired HFC?

tronester3

join:2008-08-10
Tulsa, OK
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to CoxTech1

said by CoxTech1:

It's more difficult than one would realize to increase data allowances without first implementing infrastructure upgrades. That's roughly equivalent to allowing more cars to use the interstate at once without first widening the road. This is the very reason cities such as Atlanta and the greater South Florida region throttle how many cars can be on the highway at once.

I like Hard Harry's idea. I could easily schedule my big downloads to run at night, and would be more than happy to if they were exempt from the data cap.

bashermalone

join:2014-08-02
Jenks, OK

Regardless of specific times that would be more convenient for Cox, data usage is steadily increasing with things like 4K Netflix. Cox needs to accommodate for this. Learn from Google Fiber!