uniqs
crankerchick
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
Ellicott City, MD

crankerchick

Premium Member

[VOD] VOD on Mobile Devices

I keep seeing various that it's possible to watch VOD content on my smartphone and tablet devices. Does this only apply to movies and tv shows that I've purchased?

I never see an option watch any of the free content. Am I doing it wrong?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Yeah, I think it's just the Flex View titles that you buy, that's my understanding of it. The ads are misleading.

Astros17
@173.74.140.x

Astros17

Anon

You can watch all or most of the premium channels and I think a few free channels on the FIOS Mobile App.
Astros17

Astros17

Anon

I meant to say you can watch most of all premium channels on demand and a few free channels on demand from you tablet or phone.
BajaAlta
join:2014-02-13

BajaAlta to crankerchick

to crankerchick
Using the app on an iPad, I can get to free watchable VOD titles by opening the nav menu, then going to On Demand > Premium OR On Demand > Networks.

Titles presented in those areas are free to watch on your device provided you have the parent channel they come from in your FiOS TV Package.

This content is not a discoverable as it is organized essentially beneath the for sale / rent On Demand titles...
crankerchick
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
Ellicott City, MD

crankerchick

Premium Member

Yeah, the ads are misleading. Thanks for clarifying.

I was able to navigate to On Demand > Network and On Demand > Premium and get the option to "Watch Here" for titles this way. It is a very limited selection, though.

I guess Comcast/Xfinity wins this one.