uniqs

RogersMikeT
VIP
join:2011-09-30
North York, ON

RogersMikeT to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: [TV] MLB HR Derby quality sucks, WTF

It appears there were issues with the feed that we were provided - our internal teams are investigating to see what can be done to ensure a great feed tonight.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by RogersMikeT:

It appears there were issues with the feed that we were provided....

Nonsense. Watched it on my 1080p big screen w/analog cable and it was picture perfect. Time for Rogers to admit their digital cable is inadequate.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to RogersMikeT

Premium Member

to RogersMikeT
Well it looks much better today, i suppose because the feed is from FOX, not ESPN. Still too much compression.

BTW, it sucks that Rogers also slaps their modified and probably recompressed version on the actual FOX channel (you can see the SN logo on FOX channel). Unfortunately i dont have the west feeds, but it I recall those being left alone maybe someone can compare if there is a SN logo on it.

FOX has a much better feed, 720p 60fps, which is much nicer for sports than the 1080i 30fps that Rogers uses for sportsnet.

I remember back in the day capturing stuff live using the firewire port on my old SA 3250HD, the FOX and ABC stuff was incredible quality, 720p 60fps.

RogersMikeT
VIP
join:2011-09-30
North York, ON

RogersMikeT

There is a SN logo on the west feed. And I agree, it does look much better today. Gonna be a good game, enjoy.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by RogersMikeT:

It appears there were issues with the feed that we were provided....

Nonsense. Watched it on my 1080p big screen w/analog cable and it was picture perfect. Time for Rogers to admit their digital cable is inadequate.

Exactly, as I noted above, I see that same issues when the US feed is simsubbed by a Canadian one. For some reason when it's not the picture is perfect (Sunday Night Football on NBC for eg) if you switch over to TSN, you'll see it looks like ass in comparison.