spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

Premium Channel Relocation

Well it looks like something many of you have been asking for is going to happen. During August, Cablevision of Connecticut will be putting all the premium movie channels in the 300 range. This also means that some channels already in that range will be relocated, which some of you will hate. I would expect that this will also happen on other systems so watch your bills for information. He is the CT notice:
»www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPU ··· Document
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

I like when changes make sense. I would logically think that channel up from HBO would bring HBO2.

tvfan26
join:2013-12-29
Howell, NJ

tvfan26 to RemyM

to RemyM
Looks like they are freeing up space in the 380s.... perhaps to make room for EPIX suite once Viacom's contract comes up whenever....?

The only change that still doesn't make sense is the HBO Signature and HBO Family move. You will have both west coast feeds come in the lineup before the east coast feeds. 308 and 309 are the west coast feeds. 310 and 311 will be the east coast feeds new location.
broadbandmav
join:2014-01-08
New Rochelle, NY

broadbandmav

Another thing that doesn't make sense in my lineup is ESPN2 coming before ESPN (1)

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno

Anon

I hope it also means they finally add the HD versions of the Showtime and Starz channels that are in SD. Even a few of the Encore channels are now in HD. Cablevision needs to step it up in this matter.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to RemyM

to RemyM
Chart shows TMCOD and AMAX both moving to 390?
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

2 recommendations

milan22 to RemyM

to RemyM
Now put all News & Sports channels in groups and we should be all set.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

Project delayed

On July 14, 2014, Cablevision notified you that, effective August 18-22, 2014, TMC, Stars,Encore, HBO, Showtime and Cinemax channels will be relocated and standardized in the 300 channel range. These premium channel line-up changes have been postponed without a new date at this time.

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno

Anon

Goodness sakes. How hard is to move a few channels around? No reason for this delay. Typical Cablevision. I assume this means that we won't be getting the rest of Showtime and Starz in HD anytime soon either.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by Ilsno :

Goodness sakes. How hard is to move a few channels around? No reason for this delay. Typical Cablevision. I assume this means that we won't be getting the rest of Showtime and Starz in HD anytime soon either.

It could be that a higher priority project came up. How can you validate that claim that there is no reason for the delay? They may do it at the same time as something else later to reduce the number of times your box needs to be rebooted.

Regardless, a channel shift and contract negotiation/renegotiation are not necessarily related. Even if they switched the lineup tomorrow, it doesn't mean that you're going to get new channels any sooner, especially things that have not been announced and are pure speculation/wishlist for you.

tvfan26
join:2013-12-29
Howell, NJ

tvfan26 to RemyM

to RemyM
They should reorganize the whole lineup, not just the premiums.
They did it more than 10 years ago, it's time to do it again.

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to RemyM

Premium Member

to RemyM
It drives me nuts that MLB Network, NHL Network, NBATV, and NFL Network aren't one after the other ... especially that 792 was vacant when they picked up NFL Network... they throw News12 traffic and weather on that channel... ugh.
Expand your moderator at work