Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

1 recommendation

Racerbob

Premium Member

[TV] Time Warner rejects 21st Century Fox purchase offer

Breaking news this morning. Do not confuse this with the pending take over of Time Warner Cable by Comcast. This is about a possible take over of Time Warner Inc. by Rupert Murdoch's company. Apparently CNN would then be sold to another company to avoid any anti-trust actions being taken.

»dealbook.nytimes.com/201 ··· ogs&_r=0
xcrunner529
join:2010-08-05
Columbus, OH

xcrunner529

That would be horrible. I'd fear for HBO.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
I can't read the article because that link demands that I have an account at the NYTimes.

I remember vividly when Murdoch caused ABC local station to be off the air for over a month here about two years ago over a carriage fee dispute. But I'm not sure this deal would be awful. I am far more concerned about Comcast getting its paws on TWC. That will be a disaster.

Stock prices soared for Time Warner when this bid became known. Supposedly there will likely be an attempt at a hostile takeover now a buyout has been rejected. As for HBO (which I have never seen):

"If Fox is able to buy Time Warner, it would hang onto cable networks such as TBS, TNT and premium network HBO, as well as movie studio Warner Bros."

»www.kitv.com/money/time- ··· 26976848

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
LOL, I just submitted it as news of a comcast bid competitor - my bad
Millenium
join:2013-10-30

Millenium

Don't feel bad. I was confused when I read the news this morning as well.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
Although it has the name Time Warner, the entity Time Warner Cable is a completely separate organization that has nothing to do with Time Warner anymore. That is why they are no longer allowed to use the RoadRunner logo and branding, that is after all, owned by Time Warner.

TWC really is its own company. A possible TW/CF merger/takeover/whatever will have no influence on TWC.