uniqs
share rss forum feed

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1

1 edit

[Tools] Need opinion on Milwauke M12 kit

Edit - So while the post was made when I was considering whether or not to return it, the price went back to 199$. It was a price error, but since I managed to get it for the error price of 95$, it feels soooo much sweeter to have acquired it. So I will keep it.

------------------------- Original post----------------------

So I jumped the gun on a really hot deal at Home Depot (Canada) this morning before every hoarder got their hands on it (The deal was posted on Canada's equivalent to Slickdeals).

I got this kit for 95$. In Canada, that's an insane deal. I can always return it if I change my mind.

I don't have any cordless tools other than a 3.7V ryobi screwdriver which is useful for building ikea furniture.

My hesitation is that I originally wanted to invest in the Ryobi One+ 18V series.
12V seems a bit underpowered and the batteries look really smart, however the reviews are great (on the individual tools).

Please remember that I did my whole basement by myself, that's the kind of renovation project I do.

Do you think this kit is a great start into a great powertool series (M12) ? Or will they be underpowered for home reno projects?

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
Good score. I'd keep it too.

I've got the M18 drill kit with a charger and two battery packs. It was given to me by my boss. I do use it at work on a somewhat regular basis but it's got many, many "home improvement" hours on it.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

foo11223344

join:2004-01-09
Tarrytown, NY
reply to alkizmo
Yeah, definitely keep it. Personally, though, I wouldn't buy any additional cordless tools. I've only found a drill and driver to be useful in a cordless version. Everything else I prefer corded. Probably just me, though.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to alkizmo
Obviously keep it.

I would like a 18V 1/4 impact.

Having said that, I have a 1/4 12V impact with NiMH batteries. I just used it to put a shed together. I was very impressed at its ability to install 3" screws - I hadn't expected it to do so well.
--

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to alkizmo
Okay, I am keeping it.
A lot of Canadians were bum-hurt when Home Depot reverted the price to 199$ within 2 hours of opening their doors in the morning.

They look so compact and small.
Too bad I have nothing yet to use them for except trimming my hedges (sawzall for thick branches).