All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SkylarMacMin
join:2013-05-09
Crofton, MD

SkylarMacMin

[MO] When is the upgrade going to be done?

Was hoping to have my upgrade by now, but we're still at 4 downstream 1 upstream channels, and not getting 150/20 yet in Springfield, MO (65807) -- was curious as to if there was a possible timeline to the completion of this?
blackangel13
join:2010-09-25
Grimes, IA

blackangel13

i just had 150/20 installed on monday, i'm stuck at 105/10 for the time being because the upgrade isn't done in my area yet either. the tech that installed mine said the upgrades are supposed to be done everywhere by the end of summer, so take that for what you will.
SkylarMacMin
join:2013-05-09
Crofton, MD

SkylarMacMin

I know City Utilities has been dropping a LOT of fiber near Kansas Expressway over by James River freeway, not sure if that's related or not.
SemperFi78
join:2011-03-04
Marion, IA

SemperFi78 to SkylarMacMin

to SkylarMacMin
Even when Mediacom says your area has been upgraded don't count on it working. They told me my area should be getting 150/10 right now but it doesn't and they didn't seem very interested in figuring out why not. They sent a tech who wasn't even interested in checking anything until I practically had to demand it. He asked what he was here to do and when I told him I wasn't getting the 150/10 he intended to leave until I convinced him otherwise. And the "resolution" was that he would email his supervisors to "look into" putting me on the channels that support that speed which they never did. It was the don't call us we'll call you approach to blowing me off. Even MediacomChad sort of blew it off saying he's in contact with them but nothing ever came out of it and nobody has contacted me about it in weeks.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to SkylarMacMin

to SkylarMacMin
I had a tech here today that told me it wasn't available, I had to show him the usage page for my b/w usage and he still didn't believe it till he went to their site and saw it.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

my Bw meter says 150/20 but i cant get it.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970

yeah my usage meter says the same thing, the tech that was here monday all but called me a liar when i told him i was on that pkg , then i showed him that (usage page) and he went to their site and it was listed there as that. he told me they shouldn't be advertising a product that isn't avail yet. its supposed to take a couple of months yet till the channels are bonded. i'm going out right now to buy a new modem as mc doesn't have one to supply me with that supports 8 ds channels bonding
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Nevermind the upgrade i just want want my 100/10 back, only averaging 80/3 right now... Thats right 3mbps upstream!!
Riverpilot
join:2006-12-11

Riverpilot

kb, I suppose you wouldn't happen to be using a motorola? Maybe a 6141?

Check what channel your u/l is on. It should be on a channel capable of ATDMA.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Nope SB6180...

And after i posted that i discovered that my upstream had jumped to Channel ID 1 whereas its been Channel ID 2 forever. So i rebooted it about five times until it showed Channel ID 2 and now i have upstream again around 10mbps but the downstream is still hovering in the 80's.