spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mad
join:2014-03-18
US

mad

I need to get a chat with ATT

I'm trying to get some pricing and availability info on uverse but the Chat feature is always unavailable.

Are the pricing/tiers different for home and business? My location is actually both.

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Asus RT-N66

Mr Fel

Premium Member

You can contact AT&T directly through:

Email at attcustomercare@att.com
Facebook at »www.facebook.com/uverse
Twitter at »twitter.com/attcustomercare
AT&T Forums at »forums.att.com/

The direct forum here is currently unmanned otherwise I would suggest that.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to mad

Premium Member

to mad
I would try calling them instead. My experience with the chat people is that they are folks based out in India or the Philippines somewhere with absolutely no knowledge of your local situation, where a phone call will get you to an actual person in the United States somewhere (sales teams are in the United States) who can give you a lot more valuable information then chat.

Email, facebook, twiter..... although nice, and it throws the conversation out in the open, they are usually 1 question, 1 standard reply type situations, not really for an ongoing conversation about available options.

Just give them a call and discuss your options.

The difference between the business and residential accounts by the way is not reliability and/or speed, those are exactly the same. If your line goes down, they won't be there any quicker as with residential. The difference is that you are allowed to use the connection for commercial ventures (such as hosting a webshop on the connection, or selling wifi access to your hotel guests, etc, etc) where with a residential connection you are not allowed to do that. If you just need it to ACCESS the internet, you might as well go for a residential connection.

Of course there are business lines WITH a 4-hour return SLA or something like that, but those are beyond U-Verse, cost 10 times as much, and are likely serviced by fiberoptic line to your business.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

said by maartena:

Email, facebook, twiter..... although nice, and it throws the conversation out in the open, they are usually 1 question, 1 standard reply type situations, not really for an ongoing conversation about available options.

That was not the experience I had last year. I sent an email to attcustomercare@att.com and I actually got a very knowledgeable agent engaged. We ended up exchanging a few emails and then had a direct phone call to discuss the details of my situation at length. They actually wanted me to provide a diagram and a detailed analysis of the problem so they could take it back to engineering for discussion. Maybe I just got a good escalation because of the technical topic. It is possible that sales related questions are handled by scripted auto-responders so the experience may be lacking to some degree compared to what I experienced.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to maartena

Premium Member

to maartena
said by maartena:

Of course there are business lines WITH a 4-hour return SLA or something like that, but those are beyond U-Verse, cost 10 times as much, and are likely serviced by fiberoptic line to your business.

Not entirely true, at work we have an asymmetric Metro-E over Copper circuit with full SLA, guaranteed MTTR, etc and it's only 3x what Uverse cost (with 2x the upload and slightly faster download).

/M