uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

2 edits

inGearX

laptop fell .. problems .. options ..

well my SONY VAIO was in a laptop bag and the bag fell - VAIO hit in top right far corner - near charger .. corner is bent ..

now audio (speakers and headphone jack) keeps coming in and out or making a large noise :/ but now working for a bit only after a reboot :/

and strange screen flickering at times .. like pink lines coming in .. but seems stable for now ..

hmmm what could it be ?

cable?

what do you think ?

thank you ..

PS it is almost 3 years old .. so no warranty ..

specs »www.laptopmag.com/review ··· 90x.aspx

I will be more careful with my next laptop .. but I like this one .. I want to make it live ..

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Is it under warranty?

inGearX
3.1415 9265
New York

inGearX

said by Krisnatharok:

Is it under warranty?

no it's almost 3 years young

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Pretty sure it's damaged goods at this point. You'd end up spending a lot of money on replacement parts without any guarantee of fixing it. You might be looking at a new LCD screen and new mobo or audio daughterboard.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
Just open it up and take a look around. If it's going to require board replacement or anything serious like that it's certainly not worth it but it may be just a loose wire or a broken trace on a board in which case it should be quite easy to repair. Since the screen problem has gone away and audio is the only problem I would certainly give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose!
Aranarth
join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

Aranarth to inGearX

to inGearX
I would backup your stuff and then do a surface test on the HD just in case.
You are probably fine since it was off (I assume) but better to double check JIC...
It sounds like a pretty hard whack.

Screen flicker is likely an intermittent connection caused by a loose wire but could also point to a crack in the inverter or power board. (sometimes separate sometimes one piece.)

inGearX
3.1415 9265
New York

inGearX

thank you everyone

will open it up .. will keep you updated ..

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Could be the display cable has come loose a little.....

Also, the audio ports could be on a separate daughterboard, and might be loose as well...