uniqs
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned) to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan

Re: Again, this doesn't need to happen.

said by IPPlanMan:

This merger is so ridiculous. Sprint has the SoftBank money/backing and can stand on its own. T-Mobile can as well.

This is sounding more and more like the failed AT&T acquisition.

WRONG. yes 75 million people that have access to Verizon and At&t don't won't and never will have access to either. If they merger they can. Fact, 3 TRUE nationwide carriers of equal strength are better for competition than 2 TRUE nationwide carriers that are strong and 2 semi-nationwide carriers that are weak.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

1 recommendation

why60loss

Premium Member

said by 78036364:

said by IPPlanMan:

This merger is so ridiculous. Sprint has the SoftBank money/backing and can stand on its own. T-Mobile can as well.

WRONG. yes 75 million people that have access to Verizon and At&t don't won't and never will have access to either. If they merger they can. Fact, 3 TRUE nationwide carriers of equal strength are better for competition than 2 TRUE nationwide carriers that are strong and 2 semi-nationwide carriers that are weak.

That's a joke right? Look up north to see how well that system worked.

Well that and sprint and T-mobiles foot prints have a lot of over lap. There will be next to no advantage to this deal other than T-Mobile customers having the new choices of $10 per GB, $10 per GB or $10 per GB.

Oh and many like my Dad will leave if sprint gets T-Mobile so then the big 2 will be getting more customers and sprint will just have a bunch of towers that over lap with a few more customers that want to stay.

All this deal is meant to do is get rid of T-Mobile who unlike Sprint is gaining customers and not losing them like Sprint is. If sprint wants to win then use 20-40 billion in the network, then I bet that would do it.

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

2 recommendations

cb14 to 78036364

to 78036364
said by 78036364:

said by IPPlanMan:

I hope that you get properly paid for your contributions because it has been so far nothing else than big corporate propaganda.
It has been proven in European countries that the idea of 3 national carriers does not work and does not guarantee competition.
TMO and sprint are not semi-nationwide. Thay are as nationwide as Tea or verizon, except they have weak rural coverage. And why do they have weak rural coverage? Because unlike tea and Verizon, they did not get the chance to slaughter Alltel which used to be the company with the largest geographical coverage .
To call a company with tens of millions of customers and gaining millions fast is truly an example of propaganda. You can call Amazon weak as well then.
Last not least, TMO/ Sprint merger will not noticeable increase their rural coverage, which is their weakest point, because their coverage is in both cases metropolitan based. In that sense, TMO customers would be even more screwed than after a merger with Tea.
Going together for the spectrum auction is certainly a good idea regardless.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to 78036364

to 78036364
haha i dont think so sir, canada has the most expensive wireless in all the world!, not to mention there cable companies are excessively bad

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to cb14

Premium Member

to cb14
said by cb14:

Last not least, TMO/ Sprint merger will not noticeable increase their rural coverage, which is their weakest point, because their coverage is in both cases metropolitan based. In that sense, TMO customers would be even more screwed than after a merger with Tea.

Well, not anymore. With Sprints new RRPP they have increased rural coverage immensely and it will all be treated as native / sprint coverage on phones. I dont think people really realize how big this is and unless T-Mobile gets on board it effectively leaves them in the dust with no merger.

»s4gru.com/index.php?/blo ··· stomers/

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

said by swintec:

Well, not anymore. With Sprints new RRPP they have increased rural coverage immensely and it will all be treated as native / sprint coverage on phones. I dont think people really realize how big this is and unless T-Mobile gets on board it effectively leaves them in the dust with no merger.

»s4gru.com/index.php?/blo ··· stomers/

Well, no matter how the coverage is semantically treated it is de facto a roaming agreement and they can come and go and be expanded. It is certainly in the best interest of small carriers and Sprint and TMO to enter such cooperative agreements. I do not know about the US Cellular talk, that company is deeply troubled and there is a justified merger candidate it's US cellular, not TMO. Also there is the unresolved issue GSM versus CDMA; the last thing I need is being forced to CDMA. And, before somebody posts that everything will be LTE soon- 2G and 3G GSM and CDMA will be around for at leat 10 more years.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cb14:

Well, no matter how the coverage is semantically treated it is de facto a roaming agreement and they can come and go and be expanded.

I agree but to the average end user with their phone and even if the slightly more advanced user looks at coverage maps, it will all be displayed as native sprint coverage and you know as well as I do it will be advertised this way.

When traveling through these areas and sprint is in the only big carrier or 1 of 2 big carriers with LTE service...this helps sell the service as well.

T-Mobile will have lost decent service quite a ways back approaching these rural operators markets.
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow to cb14

Premium Member

to cb14
I have heard AT&T is about to turn down their 2G network and reuse the spectrum. May have read it here.