Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state
·T-Mobile

Secyurityet to chip89

Premium Member

to chip89

Re: [Rant] I really dont feel like eating anymore!

said by chip89:

Lawry's on pork chops is amazing!

You got that right. It's also great on chicken, turkey, steak (!!!) and fish.
Expand your moderator at work
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Secyurityet

to Secyurityet

said by sivran :
Hate to break it to you dude, but you not liking Panera is not the government's fault.
No your right but it IS thier fault for telling these companies to LOWER THIER SODIUM,etc...... Basically make crap!

Aldis used to be a GREAT PLACE to get good food,NOW THE GOVT HAS STARTED DESTROYING THIER STUFF ALSO!!! (choosemyplate.gov) and almost all the stuff I used to love there IS FUCKING CRAP! (Just like in reg mainstream stores)

WHY DONT THEY TAKE A FLYING LEAP AND STAY OUT OF OUR FOOD??

WillRegSoon
@74.89.68.x

WillRegSoon

Anon

need vs. want

It's not about what he needs but what he WANTS.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Well In a way YES..... None of us really NEED anything.... We WANT it and we dont want the GOVT telling us what to eat,etc...........

ITS REALLY NONE OF THIER BUSINESS.........

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
said by 19579823:

(choosemyplate.gov)

...has nothing to do with it.

Aldi is a discount grocer. It should come as no surprise when you get crap there or when the quality ("level of crapness") varies from time to time. But then, you seem to like crap.

horacebork
Premium Member
join:2011-03-17

horacebork to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Clear Value Macaroni and Cheese (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Pre-2000 "M&Ms" in planters Nut and chocolate trail mix (Made like M&Ms used to be before 2000 (With Reg milk))
Tootie Fruitie Cereal
HI-C Orange Drink
RC Cola
Coke

this is one hell of a diet, dude. =)

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

You can get this and make your own mac n cheese.
»www.kingarthurflour.com/ ··· 0242.pdf

I make a paste and brush it on home made Italian bread just before baking done.

Disodium phosphate is a stabilizer.

You can buy organic (no additive) noodles.

If you must have salt, then salt away.

Soda stream is putting out flavors. If it's anything like the old Root Beer extract - we made our own root beer. It used sugar.
If you can find Mapleine, make your own syrup using sugar.

I looked at some labels, and got a multi-cooker. Start cooking again since multi-cooker braises, sautes, in the same pot. Some of the stuff in food is weird. I saw gravy with fructose in it.

I like extra pepper on food so I'm glad to see the pepper mill. I like crushed red pepper on a table, too. Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning is good on Nachos if you don't have any jalapeños.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to 19579823

MVM

to 19579823
Coke®, butter, milk, cheese, hot dogs, hamburgers; all of these will kill me. Everything ready made has too much salt; it will kill me. All the stuff you like will kill me. Literally. CKD.

I try to reduce my sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and protein intake to levels that won't wreck my kidneys.

It is a lot easier for you to add salt than it is for me to remove it.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Yea Im sorry Norm,you might be right buddy! (About it being easier to add it)

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr

said by 19579823:

Yea Im sorry Norm,you might be right buddy! (About it being easier to add it)

Is that all you've learned from the advice you've been given?

Stop eating processed food and try something that isn't overloaded with sugar and salt.

The government aren't issuing guidelines to ruin your life.

While do I feel that we're wasting time giving any advice to the Dude?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

quote:
The government aren't issuing guidelines to ruin your life.
Well they didnt do this in the 80s!!

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

4 edits

Pjr

More's the pity.

sweller
join:2009-04-25
Tucson, AZ

sweller to 19579823

to 19579823

Spam Lite!
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
MMM, coke in the glass bottles made with real sugar. The liquid that is

WillRegSoon
@74.89.66.x

WillRegSoon

Anon

said by rody_44:

MMM, coke in the glass bottles made with real sugar.

Sold everywhere as "bottled in Mexico."
Pepsi too.
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn to 19579823

to 19579823
said by 19579823:

Pre-2000 "M&Ms" in planters Nut and chocolate trail mix (Made like M&Ms used to be before 2000 (With Reg milk))

i have a friend who just retired from Hershey he worked in the plant where they made M&Ms. He told me that before they put the new formula into production, they ran taste tests to find out if anyone could tell the difference. The number people who claimed they could taste the difference and were correct in pointing out which formula each sample came from was "statistically insignificant".

Also, the change in formula was made for economic reasons.

19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

quote:
The number people who claimed they could taste the difference and were correct in pointing out which formula each sample came from was "statistically insignificant".
Yes and thats what makes it hard for us who ARE AWARE and do care about what we are eating!!

ITS REALLY SAD THESE COMPANIES TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF PPL LIKE THIS!!
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn

Re: Re:

said by 19579823:

ITS REALLY SAD THESE COMPANIES TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF PPL LIKE THIS!!

Well, you have to understand that most large corporations now exist mainly to maximize profit for their shareholders. The products and services they provide are simply a means to that end, so if they can reduce the cost to produce the product or service, without most people knowing the difference, they will do it.

It's just like the soft drink companies replacing sugar with HFCS. It's cheaper, and most people can't tell the difference.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to dave

Premium Member

to dave

said by dave:

said by 19579823:

Clear Value Macaroni and Cheese (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Tootie Fruitie Cereal
HI-C Orange Drink
RC Cola
Coke

None of those are what I would describe as 'food'.

Thank you for that. I see a ton of crap on that list.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

1 edit

19579823 (banned)

What do you consider crap on my list buddy??

I can tell you that CLEAR VALUE MAC AND CHEESE and Hi-C Orange Drink are not crap!!

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

3 recommendations

ptrowski

Premium Member

Clear value Mac and Cheese-
Calories 420 Sodium 600 mg
Total Fat 1 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 50 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 7 g
Trans 0 g Protein 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 15% Calcium 8%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 10%

That is one cup. If you eat the entire box like most people do (2.5 cups) you are at your recommended daily intake of sodium.

High C Orange drink.
It's ALL sugar. One 16 oz glass of it gives you 45 grams of sugar. A male is recommended to get 37.5 grams of sugar.

So yes, they are crap.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to carpetshark3

Premium Member

to carpetshark3

said by carpetshark3:

Soda stream is putting out flavors. If it's anything like the old Root Beer extract - we made our own root beer. It used sugar.
If you can find Mapleine, make your own syrup using sugar.

i own a sodastream, i purchased it to cut down on sugar and yet keep some sugar. sounds strange but all the diet sodas make me sick (literally) and i can taste splenda, it has this bitter paper taste (aparantly my taste buds emphasize bitter things)

the soda stream "naturals" root beer is amazing, it tastes like root beer SHOULD taste and it is as it says, natural. but price per liter is about double the "regular" (which tastes horrible btw, avoid it.)

as for the other mixes, well, they do use splenda, but they use 1G sugar per ounce which cuts the bitter, in fact i started making tea that way a mix of sugar/splenda and have thus cut the familys sugar in take by at least 60%

my only issue is, there not fizzy enough. no matter how many times i pump that thing, its not equal to cans or bottles. i think it just cant get up to the pressure needed, the plastic bottle has 145PSI wrote on it, but i doubt the valve in the machine is letting it get that high.

still, if you can get used to the "almost flat" taste, its decent. and being we use the bus, i just have the syrups delivered so the only thing i need to go get is the CO2 tanks..

as to other food. most processed food taste like crap now, velveeta changed their recipe a long time ago, i cant stand the stuff now. and something in the meats make me sick, ive had to start buying organic hormone/antibiotic free meats, freakin expensive. but its not in my head, if i eat the other stuff ill be puking in an hour or less.

you really want a turn off? go read the ingrediants on a can of beef stew. it used to be good, used to be made with real meat. now? "extruded meat product" pardon me??

yeah, im cooking my own stew now

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

1 recommendation

carpetshark3

Premium Member

When we made our own root beer, we had to let it SIT in a dark place and age for up to 2 weeks. You put yeast in it.

The same formula is still around.

»www.mccormick.com/Recipe ··· oot-Beer
carpetshark3

carpetshark3 to thedragonmas

Premium Member

to thedragonmas
I just got a Kitchenaid Multicooker. That is one helluva pot. You can sear, braise, make rice in the same pot, and it tells you when the temp is right. I started making stuff again. I hated having a kitchen full of pots to clean.

We haven't bought bread for over 3 years. I'm now messing with sourdough English Muffins along with the batter corn bread and Italian bread.