spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mirjahan
@66.49.189.x

mirjahan

Anon

any one can help about my dsl status

I have two dsl modem. Two diffrent give diffrent dsl status. None have dissconnect issue.
Here is the DSL status from TP-Link TD W8961nd adsl2+

Link State : Showtime
Modulation : G.DMT
Annex Mode : ANNEX_A

Downstream. Upstream
SNR Margin : 39.5. 6
Line Attenuation : 7. 0 15.5
Data Rate: 3008 kbps. 800 kbs
Max Rate: 10560 kbps. 1056 kbps

And Netgear DGN2200v3 Status Adsl2+
Downstream. Upstream
Signal Margin : 7 7
Noise Margin : 47.5 6
Data Rate: 3008 kbps. 756 kbs

When i do speed test i get 2.4mbps-2.6 mbps download and upload 0.68-0.72 mbps on both adsl modems.

TP Links takes 1 minutes to get dsl signal read and connect to internet.
Netgear takes about 30 seconds to get dsl signal and connect to the internet.

I am confuse which status is good one. I had 7 mbps since i moved to new place this speed iget.
Please help me. Thanks

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Data Rate: 3008 kbps. 800 kbps (Current port speed)
Max Rate: 10560 kbps. 1056 kbps (Max rate that your line can handle)

If you're paying for a plan that speed is higher than 3Mbps call your provider and have create a slow speed ticket.

Calero27
join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to mirjahan

to mirjahan
Seems like Bell either never provisioned the line properly or for some reason it lost it and knocked you down to the default profile of 3008. A ticket should resolve this.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to JC_

Premium Member

to JC_
said by JC_:

If you're paying for a plan that speed is higher than 3Mbps call your provider and have create a slow speed ticket.

THere hasn't been a 3008/800 plan in like a decade.... 3008/800 is default line speed, bell forgot to provision his line to his proper speed, simple as that.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by JC_:

THere hasn't been a 3008/800 plan in like a decade.... 3008/800 is default line speed, bell forgot to provision his line to his proper speed, simple as that.

I know that there hasn't been a plan, but if he's a 2Mbps customer he may have just been left a 3Mbps for what ever reason. I figured that it's most likely a misprovisioned line.

mirjahan
@216.252.67.x

mirjahan to Calero27

Anon

to Calero27
I asked my ISP about dsl signal. They inform to Bell Canada about my dsl speed issue. On Thusday said will be fix end of the day but nothing change. My ISP open ticket to Bell to change speed. My internet is ADSL2+ on upto 25mbps said as distace to my home from CO i yay received max 10-12 mbps so is ok for me but i receive adsl 3 mbps only. Since last friday to until now Bell was unable to fix that issue. Each day i call my ISP they said isnot yo their side it is on bell side so they have to wait.they said bell has problem with routing on their switch. They could not resolve the issue. They said my line is not hook to their proper switch.
So today they call bell technician will come my home to fix the issue i do now know if they will do or hang me again for few more days.
My present home is around 1.5 km from Bell CO location. That address i have bell fiber tv abaible.

My old place i used to receive 7 mbps CO distance was 0.5 km.
So what is problem could be?
Reply thanks

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Your ISP should have the ability to change the line profile itself, Bell provides them the tools. Now, if you are with some kind of reseller of a 3rd party ISP, then that may not be the case...

Calero27
join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to mirjahan

to mirjahan
In many case if the line is not set properly the mapping of the line is not set either so a ticket needs to be opened to adjust it. Sounds like Bell is having issue getting this done. Best bet is ride it out and hopefully the field tech can get it resolved. Rare that one is required for this type of issue.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by Calero27:

In many case if the line is not set properly the mapping of the line is not set either so a ticket needs to be opened to adjust it. Sounds like Bell is having issue getting this done. Best bet is ride it out and hopefully the field tech can get it resolved. Rare that one is required for this type of issue.

A field tech is required for this issue if the physical line was not provisioned correctly and is connected to the wrong port, only way to fix this is to dispatch a tech.

mirjahan
@216.252.67.x

mirjahan

Anon

Need some info. Same connection give different status and which one is correct.
My internet is with Colbanet i was with Acanac before.
Today a Bell technician came to fix signal. He was good. Installed a filter for intercom without ask him.
My DSL signal was not fix before my line was on Bell fiber with Acanac ADSL. When he removed fiber cable my line was able get ADSL2+ signal from Colbanet.
Bell technician told me if i am around 800m from Bell CO Colbanet ADSL2+ is great other that no grantee speed. Colbanet have their own equipment in bell CO. For that reason their is no way i can get max 3.2 mbps + . I asked why Acanac can give 15mbps+ on same location, he said Acanac have fiber optic cable have remote DSLM installed where Colbanet does not have. Acanac have more oprtunity to give more speed.
I want to cancel Colbanet due to speed. I want unlimited data transfer with better price.

Colbanet offer ADSL2+ 25mbs price 29.99 per moth and 24.99 if pay yearly
Acanad offer ADSL2+ 10 mbps price 34.99 per month and 29.99 if pay yearly
I am already Acanac old customer no more promotion
For moment i paid 19.99 per month for yearly. I talked with Colbanet they will refund but not activation fee.
I want at least 6 mbps+ with unlimited data transfer. Can not decide wich one i will get.
The other companies are expensive in Montreal on DSL.

Please i need feedback . Thank you

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by mirjahan :

Colbanet offer ADSL2+ 25mbs price 29.99 per moth and 24.99 if pay yearly

25mbps on ADSL2+ is not even feasible, the standard maxes out at 24mbps and its virtually impossible to get it, maybe if you sit on top of the DSLAM.

Colba.net have always been shady.

jaysona
join:2000-03-22
Montreal, QC
Asus RT-AC68
Linksys WRT1900AC
Asus RT-AC66

1 edit

jaysona

said by HiVolt:

Colba.net have always been shady.

Care to elaborate?

My neighbor and I have been using Colba.net ADSL2 for a couple of years now, never any real issues. Did the same deal, pay yearly for the lower average monthly price. We did have one speed issue for a couple of days, it was resolved after a couple of discussions with their networking folks.

I have not had any dealings that would even come close to be described as being shady.

Another great thing about Colba.net is that they have their own equipment, no Bell equipment, no Bell techs to mess stuff up and best of all, no money to Bell other than the dry loop fee.

mirjahan
@207.96.240.x

mirjahan

Anon

hello, I am just curious how far you live from Bell CO?
When bell technician came check the line told me i will get max of 3.2 mbps on colbanet adsl2+. But next street maybe 100 m closer received 12mbps from colbanet. I did not get why i get only 3.2 mbps. I was expecting at least 6-8 mpbs .

Bell CO location is 1.5 km from my home but with the Line Attenuation i am 4.1 km from Bell CO. My postal code is H2L 3T7 . 1.5 km is actual distance and copper cable could be 1 km extra maybe i am 2.5 km far by copper cable distance.
There is another Bell Co on Ontario West corner St-Urbain Street . That CO is also 1.5 km far from me.

I talked again with colbanet technician they couldn't resolve the issue.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to jaysona

Premium Member

to jaysona
said by jaysona:

Another great thing about Colba.net is that they have their own equipment, no Bell equipment, no Bell techs to mess stuff up and best of all, no money to Bell of than the dry loop fee.

It's their equipment in the CO, but all the outside work between the CO and your house is done by Bell.

jaysona
Montreal, QC
Asus RT-AC68
Linksys WRT1900AC
Asus RT-AC66

jaysona

said by JC_:

but all the outside work between the CO and your house is done by Bel

Uhm ya I know, why do you seem to think I said otherwise? That's the reason I mentioned the dry loop fee.
jaysona

jaysona to mirjahan

to mirjahan
said by mirjahan :

hello, I am just curious how far you live from Bell CO?

I am only a couple of blocks from the CO, about 140 meters straight line, the local loop is about 800 meters or so, maybe a bit longer, I'd have to check.

Since 1995 or so I have always based my choice of residence on the proximity to the CO.

Also keep in mind that Bell has been "grooming" the copper lines (at leas in montreal) for a while now, and keeping the best for their services and giving the poorest lines to the independent ISPs.

A couple of years ago a few neighbors who all lived within a couple of blocks of the CO and I conducted an experiment, we all order DSL service from an independent provider and then later ordered Bell DSL and then went back to a independent after 6months or so.

It was quite interested to see that overnight - like some form of divine intervention - the Bell DSL circuit had a great improvement over the stats of the circuit used with the independent provider. In two cases, going back to a independent provider from Bell resulted in lower line stats, the other 4 cases the line stats stayed at their improved levels.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to jaysona

Premium Member

to jaysona
said by jaysona:

said by JC_:

but all the outside work between the CO and your house is done by Bel

Uhm ya I know, why do you seem to think I said otherwise? That's the reason I mentioned the dry loop fee.

You said no Bell techs, Colba does not have there own techs for outside work, it's all done by Bell techs.
JC_

JC_ to jaysona

Premium Member

to jaysona
said by jaysona:

Also keep in mind that Bell has been "grooming" the copper lines (at leas in montreal) for a while now, and keeping the best for their services and giving the poorest lines to the independent ISPs.

The grooming is to dedicate pairs to a specific terminal so that faster speeds can be pushed out as it eliminates bridge taps, see »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_tap.
said by jaysona:

a couple of blocks from the CO, about 140 meters straight line, the local loop is about 800 meters or so, maybe a bit longer, I'd have to check.

Since 1995 or so I have always based my choice of residence on the proximity to the CO.

A couple of years ago a few neighbors who all lived within a couple of blocks of the CO and I conducted an experiment, we all order DSL service from an independent provider and then later ordered Bell DSL and then went back to a independent after 6months or so.

It was quite interested to see that overnight - like some form of divine intervention - the Bell DSL circuit had a great improvement over the stats of the circuit used with the independent provider. In two cases, going back to a independent provider from Bell resulted in lower line stats, the other 4 cases the line stats stayed at their improved levels.

When you ordered service from Bell you were most likely connected to a port on a Stinger or 7330 at the OPI/JWI vs a port in the CO and than when you switched back to the indie you took a package that didn't qualify for a port at the OPI/JWI and you were moved back to a CO port, example the legacy 6/0.8 package offered can be fed from either a CO or remote port.

jaysona
Montreal, QC
Asus RT-AC68
Linksys WRT1900AC
Asus RT-AC66

jaysona to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

You said no Bell techs

Fine, I'll clarify for you, my implication was that with Colba.net there are no dumb assed Bell techs messing with equipment in the CO like they do with the resold Bell DSL services offered by pretty much everyone else. Yes, there will be a Bell tech dispatched to the premises if necessary to deal with the local loop - which I dread.

This has always been a problem and both my neighbor and I have heart palpitations whenever TSI has to dispatch a tech to either of our premisses - without fail the Colba.net connection goes down, resulting in more calls and more confusion on the part of TSI & Bell.

Everytime I see a Bell or Bell Fibe truck outside the first that goes through my mind are the opening chords of the Genesis song "Land of Confusion" then I break out in a cold sweat and my heart skips a few beats when I realize that work is being done at or near my residence. *sigh*
jaysona

jaysona to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

The grooming is to dedicate pairs to a specific terminal so that faster speeds can be pushed out as it eliminates bridge taps

Thanks, but I know all about bridge taps & load coils. I've had DSL server before DSL was even an offering by Bell. Some friends and I had our own mini-man setup back in 1995 by ordering LDDS circuits and testing out equipment for Amati Communications before they were bought by TI.

At the end of the day, the grooming is for the benefit of direct Bell customers and not the IISPs, even thought the IISPs pay for the dry loop they appear to be given the poorest quality pairs.

mirjahan
@207.96.240.x

mirjahan to jaysona

Anon

to jaysona
Thanks for reply. On same address i had first DSL with bell then i went to independent company. My location has fiber optic switch. Before Colbanet i was with Acanac. With Acanac Bell hook my line to thier Fiber Optic line.
Until yesterday i received ADSL signal from Acanac my line attenuation was great no big lose. It was 7 dbs. Now with Colbanet it jumps 46 dbs. I am very upset now.
I asked bell technician to hook on their Fiber he told me since Colbanet use their own equipment for ADSL2+ internet he can not do it. Colbanet provide service always from Bell CO. Beside my home Bell have installed remote DSLAM with fiber optic.
Only which ISP uses bell equipment then they hook .

I am confuse now which one i will chose. Bell is way expensive for same service.
Acanac charge 35.94 for 10 mbps but they also said on their policy (down stream bandwidth available up-to half of your plans available speed between 7PM to 12AM)

jaysona
Montreal, QC

jaysona

said by mirjahan :

Thanks for reply.

Est-ce que tu prefere que je te reponde en français?

mirjahan
@216.252.67.x

mirjahan

Anon

c'est bon. Tu peut reponde en francaise.

jaysona
Montreal, QC
Asus RT-AC68
Linksys WRT1900AC
Asus RT-AC66

jaysona

Bon, d'accord, essentiellement, le technicien de Bell est correcte. ACANAC utilise l'equipement fibre de Bell et n'utilise pas leur propre equippement pour vous brancher à l'Internet.

Colba.net a leur propre equipement, mais l'equipement de Colba.net est situe dans le CO. Ca veut dire que, avec Colba.net vous etes connecte au service de Colba.net utilisent une paire de fils allant de votre maison aux CO . Acanac, Teksavvy, Start.ca, Ebox, etc utilise l'equipement fibe de Bell, ca veut dire que vous etes connecte au service utilisent une paire de fils allant de la maison aux boite de la quartier le plus proche (FTTN), et puis, la connection entre la boite du quartier (FTTN) jusqu'au CO il s'agit d'un cable a fibre optique de Bell, qui se connecte a l'equipement de DSL Bell, et ensuite l'equipment de reseau de l'ISP independante.

Ca fait du bon sense?

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to mirjahan

Premium Member

to mirjahan
quote:
I am confuse now which one i will chose. Bell is way expensive for same service.
Acanac charge 35.94 for 10 mbps but they also said on their policy (down stream bandwidth available up-to half of your plans available speed between 7PM to 12AM)
That is incorrect. Rate Limiting has been removed from their website for some time now.

It was only ever used internally for testing purposes.

TY
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to jaysona

to jaysona
said by jaysona:

said by JC_:

The grooming is to dedicate pairs to a specific terminal so that faster speeds can be pushed out as it eliminates bridge taps

Thanks, but I know all about bridge taps & load coils. I've had DSL server before DSL was even an offering by Bell. Some friends and I had our own mini-man setup back in 1995 by ordering LDDS circuits and testing out equipment for Amati Communications before they were bought by TI.

At the end of the day, the grooming is for the benefit of direct Bell customers and not the IISPs, even thought the IISPs pay for the dry loop they appear to be given the poorest quality pairs.

This is not correct. All pairs are groomed to the same quality as when the work is done it is under the assumption everyone will be getting fibe iptv (this isn't the case as we all know). What JChoen has said is the truth. If you order identical 5 meg services from both Bell and an IISP, chances are the Bell customer will be hooked up to the remote field-based 7330 or oslam port, where as the IISP customer would be connected to the CO-based dslam port. Both customers will get their desired 5 meg speeds, regardless of line attainables. Should the IISP customer request higher speeds either adsl2+ or vdsl2 services, a bell truck would be rolled to connect them to a field based remote port.

As far as choosing pairs go, with a 25 pr cable, the 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th and 21st pairs will be shortest due to twisting within the particular cable (with some differences of course). So if a Bell iptv customer and an IISP customer are both fed from the same terminal, the iptv customer demands the shorter pair (and greater attainable speed) and they will be assigned the shorter pair.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to mirjahan

to mirjahan
@OP, who is your ISP? Should have been in the first post but I don't see it?

Sounds like some kind of Bell TPIA reseller?

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by d4m1r:

@OP, who is your ISP? Should have been in the first post but I don't see it?

Sounds like some kind of Bell TPIA reseller?

In one of the OPs post he said that he's using ColbaNet »www.colba.net/.

mirjahan
@207.96.240.x

mirjahan to d4m1r

Anon

to d4m1r
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Colbanet is my ISP . I am on ADSL2+ with colbanet. With Colbanet i am getting 3.2 mbps. When i make order for new ADSL2+ promised to i will get 8-10 mbs of 24 mbps by distance from Bell CO. I am 1.5 km far from Bell CO but i do not know copper wiring distance. H2L 3T7 is my postal code. Speed little increase once they installed filter on my line.

Before i was with Acanac speed was good . I get 7 mpbs on ADSL .

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

You have a distance issue, you will likely not get anything faster than what you have now with ColbaNet. The reason that you got the full 7Mbps with Acanac, as explained earlier, you were connected to a remote SLAM, either a Stinger or 7330; ColbaNet has there own equipment in the Bell CO and does not use the Bell owned remote equipment.

If you want faster speeds that you will need to switch to anyone of the following;
-Acanac/Distributel
-Bell
-ElectronicBox
-Start
-TekSavvy

There are bunch of other providers that wholesale Bell's FTTN network that you could switch to as well, however there are too many to list.