Search similar:

uniqs

mirjahan
@216.252.67.x

mirjahan to JC_

Anon

to JC_

Re: any one can help about my dsl status

I have a question why i can not get proper adsl2+ speed?
I live 1.5 km from colbanet/bell co by walking distance so with that distance i should get around 18-20 mbps of 24 mbps.
If count bell copper line distance from bell co could be 3km from bell co so in that point i can get 8-10 mbps of 24 mbps.
As my modem Netgear DGN2200 adsl2+ modem line attentunation is 46.5 db and that i should get around 5-7 mbps of 24mbps.
But but adsl2+ modem connect on 3.7 mbps not my expect speed by line atentunation around 5-7 mbps but i get only 3.6mbps.
Please answer

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by mirjahan :

I have a question why i can not get proper adsl2+ speed?
I live 1.5 km from colbanet/bell co by walking distance so with that distance i should get around 18-20 mbps of 24 mbps.
If count bell copper line distance from bell co could be 3km from bell co so in that point i can get 8-10 mbps of 24 mbps.
As my modem Netgear DGN2200 adsl2+ modem line attentunation is 46.5 db and that i should get around 5-7 mbps of 24mbps.
But but adsl2+ modem connect on 3.7 mbps not my expect speed by line atentunation around 5-7 mbps but i get only 3.6mbps.
Please answer

1.5km walking distance is not necessarily your actual wire distance. Wires loop around streets and neighbourhoods. Your 46.5 db attenuation reflects that you are much farther than 1.5km.

There are also other factors than just distance, the quality of the line, the gauge of the wire that is used by bell to run to the CO, etc...

There is nothing scientific about the numbers, there are too many variables.

Calero27
join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to mirjahan

to mirjahan
Your attenuation numbers put you at about 4.2Km from the CO. If you went to an FTTN tier your connection would be moved to remote which would be much closer.
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to mirjahan

to mirjahan
Colba net so that means you're in Montreal, bell has a crap tonne of remotes scattered around the island. If you require higher speeds than Colba can deliver, other independent isp's can hook you up to a bell remote and give you a way better deal than bell will offer.

Good luck.