uniqs
runamuck83
join:2006-09-28
New York, NY

3 edits

runamuck83

did anyone else call TWC after getting the RCN post card

Let me start off by saying this is TWC MATT NYC
so yesterday I thought I would look on the web for some better deals then my current time warner service. ( I have 1 DVR + HBO + SHOWTIME = $120 with tax a month )
This is a killer $120 for TV that I don't watch. If I do watch TV its only about less then 10 channels. So looking over the web I found that RCN was giving a promo. Same package I have now but a 25Mb modem for $45.94 a month. So I called TWC up and told them im sick of paying $120 I'm about to switch to RCN as they can give me the same deal + internet for half the price of what I'm paying now. So after about 10 mins of the rep doing what he had to do he came back and said they can give me my package for $82.65 with the tax per month. So the big question really is if TWC was able to knock off say $38 a month why it is that I was paying $120 for JUST TV.
again the price that I got adjusted was only for 1 year but still its about $40 saving a month and I will take that saving.
So to anyone that is paying a crazy high bill right now I would look in to the RCN deal they have pushing and maybe give TWC a call and see what they can do for you because 10 mins on the phone yesterday got $40 off my bill for the next 12 months = $480 savings for the year. I guess CON ED will get that money LOL , come on you know that was funny.

The best part if this story is after I did all that stuff , I went to check my mail and guess what I find a POST CARD FROM RCN with the same deal on it :P

RCN deal can be found at : »www.rcn.com/new-york/spe ··· l-offers ( Expires 7/31/2014 ) ( you have about 14 days to try and get a lower price so do it )
Also please keep in mind that a cable box + taxes and fees are not included with the $45.94 price so add a cable box + tax to your total before calling TWC and trying to get a better deal. ( Even if i was to switch to RCN the price would be way under 120 a month + a cable modem for internet that I don't have currently ) also please keep in mind this is a 1 year promo package pricing. TWC does this aswell so don't think its just RCN trying to get more money after the year because TWC does the same thing. If you do not belive me then read the TWC terms of the service agreement that u signed it says after year 1 the price goes up say $20 and then the next year after that its another $20.
`

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

I can guarantee you that you are going to regret it if you switch to RCN because you are going to get internet speeds 3-4 times faster than RCN later this year depending in your area.
runamuck83
join:2006-09-28
New York, NY

2 edits

runamuck83

did you read. I DO NOT HAVE INTERNET , so even if i was to switch to RCN getting a free modem with the deal would have been alot better then just TV. Also who said i was going to switch its called bluffing.
and a good bluff indeed as it saved me $4XX a year
also i hear that RCN is not that bad in NYC , we still have TWC subbing 15/.7XX here so just think of that i belive thats what $14.99 gets you on TWC a 15/.7XX plan for a month. my wife use to have that in her old old apt like 7 years ago. I laughed so hard coming from long island where i had 100/15 for years and NYC was running people at 15/.7XX come on what is that u cant even upload a image of a cat or dog with that.

HA HA HA i just looked the price up for internet for TWC
2/1 plan = $14.99
3/1 plan = $29.99

I was born in queens moved to long island and lived on the island for 20 years. I started with a cable line that was 10/1 and cost like $40 back in the day. moving from 10/1 to 20/2 to 50/5 to 100/15 was the fastest move for anyone in the US and will say that more then a fact for any RES person in the US at the time. most of you US was still dial up when i was blazing with a 10/1 ( CABLEVISION )

now get back to TWC its 2014 and you have a 2/1 plan like really and its $14.99 again back in day i had 10/1 and was double that price how is 2/1 = to $14.99 ? do the math on that.
I do give TWC some credit boosting the upload to /1 instead of that /.7XXX stuff that use to push out.

so lets get to it. My mother has a 5101U 15/1 modem in queens and that internet is soooooooo slow its not running at 15/1 at all. but what can u say when TWC gave her the modem in the deal she had for free more then anything. and YES i did buy a 5101U to replace the RCA modem that was given to her to save her a rental fee.

- now back to me i do not need internet , because i hate the world we live in , rewind when i was in HS those days of the internet where fun, Now its just filled with RIAA this and MPAA that and COPYRIGHT TROLLS here and GOOGLE takedown of that. I thought the WEB was a place to post anything u want seems the days of that are long gone.
- also i will never pay TWC a dime for WEB that has no correct price point till they get that shit under control they will never see a penny from my name for ISP

frontpage
@207.237.88.x

frontpage to OpTiC

Anon

to OpTiC
said by OpTiC :

I can guarantee you that you are going to regret it if you switch to RCN because you are going to get internet speeds 3-4 times faster than RCN later this year depending in your area.

I have RCN and have no complaints. I get advertised speeds most of the time. They have 25, 50 and 110 tiers. Yes 25 is plenty for some people. Being in West Covina, how much do you actually know about their service???? Not everyone needs 300 mbps MAXX speeds.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to runamuck83

Premium Member

to runamuck83
You can get 15/1 for 34.99 which is a better deal. The 15/1 tier is going to be upgraded to 50/5 at the end of the year depending which part of new york. Some parts of New York like Queens and Astoria have the upgraded speeds. The website is not accurate.