spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bvgas
join:2011-11-06
Great Neck, NY

bvgas

Actiontec Rev I vs Rev G Router

I currently have an Actiontec M1424WR Rev G router(Bluish-Gray Band on front). A Verizon tech gave me the newer Actiontec M1424WR Rev I router (Red band on front) saying it is an "n" router & has better Wifi range then my older G router. I've had trouble with my Wifi in the past. Anyone have any experience with this Rev I router & does what he says make sense? Thanks
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

said by bvgas:

I currently have an Actiontec M1424WR Rev G router(Bluish-Gray Band on front). A Verizon tech gave me the newer Actiontec M1424WR Rev I router (Red band on front) saying it is an "n" router & has better Wifi range then my older G router. I've had trouble with my Wifi in the past. Anyone have any experience with this Rev I router & does what he says make sense? Thanks

I've used both Rev. G and Rev. I and concluded that the wireless is about the same which is to say NOT great (average at best). The Rev. I is considered a Gen. 3 router (and is the only supported router that works with Quantum TV) while the Rev. G is a Gen. 2 router, but both only support Moca 1.1. The new Moca 2.0 router should be out later this year and hopefully will improve the wireless section with 5 GHz capabilities.
bvgas
join:2011-11-06
Great Neck, NY

bvgas

Thanks for the info. Currently I improved my Wifi with the addition of two other actiontec routers I had reconfigured to the sane SSID as my "main" G router using existing coax in areas with poor wifi coverage. So it would probably involve more then just swapping out the G for the I router. I would have to "re-reconfigure" these extra routers as well so before I undertake this I was curious if others had experience with this I router. Thanks again.
jh2010
join:2009-09-03
Brooklyn, NY

jh2010 to bvgas

to bvgas
I have done the same as bvgas.
A few weeks ago I upgraded one of the routers with the new Actiontec 802.11ABGN WIFI extender from Verizon. Essentially it is a two port switch with MOCA and 802.11ABGN WIFI.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2 to bvgas

to bvgas
Just a point of clarification, according to the user manuals, the Rev. G has exactly the same specifications as the Rev.I, that is wireless "n" up to 160 Mbps and 1 gig ethernet ports.