Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nineinchnerd

join:2001-12-31
Virginia Beach, VA

What the fudge!

$217.11 is due on Jul 21, 2014

My bill was about $130/m and it just skyrocketed. I'm assuming I had a bundle price that expired and this new price is insane. I have never used the phone.. don't even have it hooked up. I might as well just go back to antenna tv.

Not a rant. I'm just shocked!

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR

"F" that call in and bitch. If that don't work start pulling services like I did I got rid of everything but the internet.

nineinchnerd

join:2001-12-31
Virginia Beach, VA

I'm wary about switching to Fios because I've had very, very few probs with Cox. But, Verizon's current bundle price is what I was paying with Cox before this increase plus that $400 gift card.

Or, I'm moving to a new address next week so I can cancel my Cox and just get the internet for $60 for 1 year and most things you can watch on your computer anyway.

Hmmm..

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

+1 the prices on tv keep going up. If enough people flee they will rethink the prices. They are out pricing a lot of people including my self that's why I had to cut back. $180 for net and TV is too much IMO. I may get the economy for TY in the future. But who knows I have too much other stuff on my plate at the moment.

AmericanLoco

join:2014-02-08
United State
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to nineinchnerd

I know a couple of people that switched to Fios, and they had a real hard time getting that gift card for whatever reason.

Also keep in mind that if you stream a lot, FIOS heavily shapes traffic to Netflix which really limits your streaming performance.

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5

said by AmericanLoco:

FIOS heavily shapes traffic to Netflix which really limits your streaming performance.

No, they don't. They - or Level 3 depending on who you believe - are not upgrading their peering links.

That's not the same as "shaping" traffic.

»Level3: Verizon Intentionally Causing Netflix Congestion

Hard Harry

join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI
kudos:2

Well its a good thing Cox doesn't use Level 3....oh wait. Doh!

bbeesley
VIP
Richardson, TX

said by Hard Harry:

Well its a good thing Cox doesn't use Level 3....oh wait. Doh!

Their peering setup and agreements with L3 would be completely separate from Verizon's so we can't presume the same issues would exist

Hard Harry

Narragansett, RI
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Ofcourse. My point is if Cox can be number 2 in fastest throughput with Netflix, and they use some of the same peering companies, then Verizon's claim that it's all on L3 doesn't hold much water IMO. I think Verizon just doesn't want to dish out the money for upgrades.

bbeesley
VIP
Richardson, TX

1 recommendation

said by Hard Harry:

Verizon's claim that it's all on L3 doesn't hold much water IMO

Who's fault it is - L3 or VZ - depends on perspective. VZ probably has to pay L3 for the peering links so the offer of "we will give you a card and connect if for you" may sound altruistic but since they don't say the the peering is settlement free we can't assume that there are significant costs to VZ that L3 isn't telling us about

Hard Harry

Narragansett, RI

I guess your right. Just never thought I would see such a honest stance on a debate that isn't Pro Cox on this forum. Bravo. Geek first, ISP second.

Termites

@174.79.1.x
reply to jchambers28

said by jchambers28:

+1 the prices on tv keep going up. If enough people flee they will rethink the prices. They are out pricing a lot of people including my self that's why I had to cut back. $180 for net and TV is too much IMO. I may get the economy for TY in the future. But who knows I have too much other stuff on my plate at the moment.

Prices on cox tv are insane when I can get it free or for $5 per month through Satellite..I will be canceling cox tv which is $26.99 basic.my sister pays for tv $156 per month I told her to cancel cox and go satellite for $45 per month. She did

Hoss
Sauters A Walrus

join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

said by Termites :

said by jchambers28:

Prices on cox tv are insane when I can get it free or for $5 per month through Satellite..I will be canceling cox tv which is $26.99 basic.my sister pays for tv $156 per month I told her to cancel cox and go satellite for $45 per month. She did

Satellite prices may be good initially, but like all providers (cable included) the honeymoon will end. Believe me.

Termites

@174.79.1.x

said by Hoss:

said by Termites :

said by jchambers28:

Satellite prices may be good initially, but like all providers (cable included) the honeymoon will end. Believe me.

incorrect,

I had my satellite since 1997 it didnt go up that much compared to cox, i get more channels etc then she does for $100...

once ATT takes over if they do i will go Dish, i hope the FCC doesnt approve the merger.