spc
uniqs
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to Brim77

to Brim77

Re: Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Though I agree with your principle, I strongly disagree with flood insurance as a good example. If you are stupid enough to build in a flood zone, then you should suffer the consequences of your stupidity.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by Skippy25:

If you are stupid enough to RE-build in a flood zone, then you should suffer the consequences of your stupidity.

Sort of like cages at the zoo, not really to keep the animals in, more to keep stupid people out.
Some you just can't save.
Brim77
join:2012-03-16
Lansing, MI

Brim77 to Skippy25

to Skippy25
Everyone lives in a flood zone. Everyone =/= stupid.

»www.floodsmart.gov/flood ··· ones.jsp
»www.fema.gov/news-releas ··· ood-zone

Unless you're referring to homes along the coast that get destroyed and rebuilt yearly, then I do agree with you.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

o
said by Brim77:

Unless you're referring to homes along the coast that get destroyed and rebuilt yearly, then I do agree with you.

or the river valleys where I live
I don't disagree that earlier development policies or lack of foresight can put ANYONE in danger, but the HABIT of paying them over and over to rebuild in harm's way is beyond stupid.
We KNOW the ocean is rising, do not rebuild(or even permit) the building in lowlands, same for flood plains, natural drainage bowls, etc. etc.
It's not the people that are stupid, it the public "we can build and tax that" development ideal.