Search similar:

uniqs

doc4pcs
join:2001-12-21
Gladys, VA

doc4pcs

Re: Upgraded speed, getting errors & no faster speeds

Click for full size
Tech just left, checked the line all the way to my house and he checked everything and he replaced connections. He had to swap the port I was on in the switch and he replaced the dsl splitter like in your picture. I saw improvements every connection he touched.

He had them set the speed at up to 8 megs and still refused to put it back to the up to 10 even just to try it. Still kept telling me that I was too far away. So it is sitting on 8 now but this time I am getting 8.

I wonder if I could get the 10 now (or close too it)

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

What are your line stats now?

doc4pcs
Gladys, VA

doc4pcs

Click for full size
This is what I am showing now. I still have a few crc errors
doc4pcs

1 edit

doc4pcs

It's been pretty "rock solid" all night.

I had a nightmare with billing again but I think it's straight now. When the tech took it upon himself to change my package back to 6 yesterday, then up to 8 today they cancelled my new 3 year price lock and took away any discounts that they applied.

He should have never changed my package and should have tried to test the line like the work order said. If he had not changed it, I might be looking at a 10 meg line tonight.

doc4pcs

doc4pcs

Wow, it just doesn't end. Another day with hours on the phone with them after work. I tried to call my house from work and got a message that it was no longer in service or the number had been changed. The phone would ring up to 4 times. If you answered it worked, when it hit the rollover ring to go to voicemail the message came out about it being out of service.

Called Centurylink. They said when I called and changed my package monday all of my features were removed. Which included my voicemail & saved messages, all gone.

I explained to numerous people again that I did NOT call Monday & change my package, the tech did it without my permission. Hours later my features are finally put back, but wait for it.................................... my bill is going to be higher now because since it was removed I could no longer get it back at the price I had & now I have to pay the new price.

When I was offered this package I went through everything in detail with them. My first request was before we changed anything was to have my line checked & tested. Next I asked about billing & prices. Then when it was set at 10 & I had the errors I requested to have the line tested like I had requested to start with. The tech dropped my package twice before testing it and I told him to PUT IT BACK.

He put it back once to 6 megs, the second time he put it at 8 megs and refused to put it back at 10 even to test it.

My bill keeps going up, I call billing and after hours on the phone I get it back down. The next day it's up again & I have to call back for hours again.

How can something so simple as "check the line before you do anything" turn into such a nightmare?????

My wife says I am never, ever allowed to upgrade anything Centurylink is involved in again. We have upgraded things through the years every time it has taken at least a week to get the problems that they cause cleared up. And every time it takes hours & hours on the phone every day.

It was so simple, check the line
Krom
join:2014-07-18
Orlando, FL

Krom to doc4pcs

to doc4pcs
I'm sorry for this crapstorm we have put you through.
I wish I was allowed to help you directly but I'd be risking my job.
Please send an email to TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com with a link to the thread.
I hope that we are able to turn this around for you.

doc4pcs
Gladys, VA

1 edit

doc4pcs

Click for full size
said by Krom:

Please send an email to TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com

I have kept them informed from the minute that I started having problems.

Right now my line has been stable at 8 megs. I think that if they would have done like I requested in the beginning and tested my line, I would have 10 megs right now and not have had any issues with billing or my actual phone service.

The tech that made the change to the package still argued some with me before he left when I requested to put it back at 10 and test it like I had requested in the very beginning. He said that I was too far away and that he wasn't going to do it. Remember, he argued before I got 8 that I could not go over 6.
stingray71
join:2014-04-28

stingray71

You could get 12 with your stats. No reason not to get solid 10.

doc4pcs
Gladys, VA

doc4pcs

I've pretty much read that everywhere that I have checked. I have a major roadblock right now to battle if I try to get it set back to 10. The tech and his supervisor tagged my account and said that I could not get over 8 megs on the line. They put that on my account before they tested my line or even looked at anything.

Seems to me like there should be someone at Centurylink that has the capability to change it back to 10 now and at least let me try, but I keep getting told that the supervisor in my area put on my account that the line was "oversold"

I asked to talk to a supervisor a few times when I was having problems with the bill, the features etc and there is one response that I have gotten twice.............. "I'm sorry but they don't have phones." Really???? The phone company doesn't have phones
doc4pcs

doc4pcs

Well once again, Wow...... voicemail is gone again. Tried to call my house and leave a message for my wife. No voicemail
doc4pcs

doc4pcs

Yep, they did it again, no voicemail. Got home and can't check it. Went online into my account and it says "This mailbox is unavailable"

I wish I could get one of them to explain how so much can get screwed up from doing an upgrade in service.