spc
Search similar:

uniqs

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Destiny game?

I saw a few ads on this over the weekend, but not sure what it is. You can take videos of your game play. Saw this article where EA says Destiny will costs $500M.

»metro.co.uk/2014/07/16/d ··· 4798768/

According to publisher Activision, its new game Destiny will cost $500 million to make, market, and maintain over its intended ten-year lifespan. Bungie themselves deny that it’s cost anything like that so far, but whatever the true price tag it’s inarguably one of the biggest projects the industry has ever seen.

Although it is at heart a first person shooter, using the same gameplay DNA as Halo, Bungie describe Destiny as a ‘shared world shooter’, an invented term to avoid referring to it as a massively multiplayer online (MMO) game.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

1 recommendation

Adalicia

Destiny has the potential to be an interesting game but Bungie went full retard and made it console exclusive and continues to shun the PC market. I honestly think this game could do quite well on PC but we'll never know.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I remember Halo hype for the PC. They had an ad where the Master Chief was using a GeForce 2 as a flamethrower.

Then the Microsofts destroyed all our hopes and dreams. Kind of ironic, really.
Savious

Savious

Premium Member

Ah, wasn't the master chief. Damn old age...

»m.youtube.com/watch?v=me ··· g7jSHT20

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 edit

TheBionic to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
I'm playing the beta on the PS4, and from what I've seen so far it incorporates a lot of MMO elements. Classes with roles, hub cities, gear sets, public events. I've barely gotten to play (beta went live yesterday) but like what I've seen so far.

What's weird is that the interface seems built for a mouse, not a controller. There's a free-moving little dot onscreen and you have to move it, with the thumbstick, over to the button you want to press and click. Very odd that they designed it that way for a controller IMO. EDIT: The devs say they are seriously considering making a PC port, whatever that means...
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
I am hopeful we will get a PC version at some point. The game is very compelling to me but as a rule I generally only play shooters on the PC and other games on my console. It seems they are open to the idea but aren't committed yet:
quote:
Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg acknowledged that Destiny sets up very well for PC, and even admitted that the publisher is having significant discussions about bringing the game to computer.

"It is [a good fit], and it's something we're talking about and looking at very carefully, and obviously it makes a lot of sense with the genre and the type of game it is," Hirshberg said. "No announcements, but it's something that's a heavy point of discussion."

»www.gamespot.com/article ··· 6420475/

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

Just another FPS... nothing to see here... move on.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by BigReds42:

Just another FPS... nothing to see here... move on.

The beta is very limited, but I can tell you that is not really the case. It's a shooter, but incorporates a lot of gameplay elements I haven't seen in a shooter before. It's really ambitious, the game has a lot of potential. Looking forward to full release.

Ratman_84
join:2002-01-31
Sacramento, CA

1 recommendation

Ratman_84 to puppy

to puppy
Why are we even talking about it if it isn't for PC anymore? It looked interesting, but I have 0 interest now.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Agreed.