Search similar:

uniqs
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to DavePC

to DavePC

Re: Rogers Hamilton Mtn

I still say, we have pay per use Internet, pay per use telephone.. let me pay per episode..

Oh wait.. thats ITunes. All you want, no commercials. No crap. 2 hours of what I actually watch. $10/week. And I can watch it as often as want.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to DavePC

to DavePC
said by DavePC:

FWIW, there is a Rogers Cable TV package thats $15.14 a month, called Digital Lite TV.

Is there a channel lineup posted anywhere online? Sounds like a great package for those with minimal TV viewing requirements LIKE ME.

$15.14 a month is all ANY of Rogers TV crap is worth to anyone with half a brain I'm sure.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

Lol. It'll be 18 parliament channels, the local Rogetstv channel and CBC.
With 85 digital radio stations that never play any good music.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

AND don't forget the 'Aquarium Channel'......
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to elitefx

to elitefx
It's mostly stuff you can get OTA plus CPAC and the ontario legislature channel I believe.

Exidor
Premium Member
join:2001-05-04

Exidor to cepnot4me

Premium Member

to cepnot4me

Re: Rogers Digital Lite TV

said by cepnot4me:

Lol. It'll be 18 parliament channels, the local Rogetstv channel and CBC.
With 85 digital radio stations that never play any good music.

It's actually quite a bit more.

I have the Rogers Digital Lite TV package so will try to put together a complete channel listing.
Tek_
join:2014-08-13
Canada

Tek_

I'd like to see the line up for that Digital Lite TV package as well .

A little bit about my experiences this past month:

We have Phone/Internet/Cable with (now) Rogers. Switch over went smooth. In fact, I didn't even know the switch had happened until I received a browser prompt informing me I had reached 75% of my data cap. Uh oh.

Previously with Shaw the internet was ~17/0.5 consistently and we were never charged for any overage, so I assumed it was unlimited usage. Looking back, there was probably a data cap, however it was never enforced.

I call the local Rogers office on Hester to clarify my internet package. The welcome package said I should have 20/1/200gb cap, but the person on the phone says my package has been entered as 25/2/125gb. My speed has not changed. Honestly, the speed didn't bother me, but the low cap did. I ask if there is anything that can be done and am offered unlimited for an extra $16/mo. No thanks.

I do my research and find Start.ca. The 25/10/unlimited package for $60 looks good for my needs, so I call Rogers again and tell them I would like to cancel. The person on the phone informs me they cannot cancel right away; they have to email someone and they will call me back. Fine. I wait a few days and receive no call, so I call the Rogers office again and go through the same routine. I receive a call the next day from (I assume) the retentions department. After some talking about what I am after I am offered the 60/10/unlimited package for $57.xx ($95/mo regular price). No contract and the deal lasts for 2 years. Fantastic. Honestly, I would like to go with a TPIA like Start, but this deal trumps what they can offer me. The only downside is the deal is packaged with cable, so if I cancel the cable the deal is null. I'm sure I could renegotiate another deal though, if needed.

I go to the local Rogers office because I have to swap my modem with a Docsis 3.0 one. There is a bit of a wait (a lot of people in there for a Monday at ~1pm), but I receive my modem and confirm the price with the person at the register. I come home and take a few minutes to set up the modem. Everything works great. SpeedTest results:

77/10 if it does not display.

Crossing my fingers that there are no issues with billing next month.

Next thing to work on is the cable. I would like to get rid of it altogether, but a basic package with local news (i.e. the $15 package above) would be just fine.

TL;DR: If you are unhappy and want a decent deal, look into switching to a different provider (Start/TekSavvy/whoever). Call Rogers to cancel and you will likely be offered a much better deal.