Search similar:

uniqs

zirca
@70.30.136.x

zirca

Anon

[Internet] Bridging Connection Hub with Asus AC66u Router - No TV

Hello,
I'm hoping I can get help on how to properly bridge my Bell connection hub and setup my ASUS AC66U router. I've tried what's recommended on the forums and it doesn't seem to work for me. Here's what I did:

Enter Connection Hub in Bridge:
- Disable DHCP. Save
- Delete PPPOE login/pass. Save

Turn On ASUS - Enter Setup:
- Connection PPPOE using Bell provided login/pass

Would not find internet connection.
I then tried other recommendatoins, to NOT disable PPPOE on Bell Hub...that didn't work. Tried not disabling DHCP on Bell Router....didn't work.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next. Some of the other bridge mode tutorials are a bit confusing to me. I'm hoping I can get some assistance here.

Thanks in advance.
SquadG
join:2013-06-09
Anjou, QC

SquadG

Did you connect the ethernet cable from the Connection Hub into the WAN port of the AC66U ?
You need to connect the cable to the port on the left (not in yellow).

btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to zirca

to zirca
Ppoe needs to be handled by the sagemcom itself for tv to work (unless you can figure out the vlan tagging) and the tvs need to be connected to the sagemcom itself and not the router. Also ensure that the tv service is ON under additional services
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping to zirca

to zirca
First of all, do you have 2 logins (1 for internet and one for TV) or do you only have one for Internet ?

Put back DHCP on the connection hub. Plug a wire from the connection hub LAN to the Asus WAN and enter the B1 username in the ASUS. It should be working.

I'm pretty sure you can either leave or remove the B1 username in the connection hub. If it still doesn't work, then you might need to remove the username in the connection hub.

zirca
@70.26.86.x

zirca

Anon

Thanks for this. That was my problem...I had the ASUS plugged into the WAN port (correct), but the Connection hub plugged into WAN as well (wrong). Switched over to LAN and all is good

Can't believe how much time I just wasted.

Thanks for the correction. I have NO TV, so I don't think any of the other settings really matter now that the internet is working.
lowping

lowping to zirca

to zirca
awesome!
NGPixel
join:2014-04-20
Canada

NGPixel

If you have no TV, why are you using the Sagemcom at all? It's redundant. Your asus router can handle the internet connection on it's own.

I wrote a blog on how to set it up:
»www.ngpixel.com/2014/07/ ··· -router/

Ignore the gigabit switch requirement. Simply plug the cable from the WAN port on your router to the LAN 1 port on the Bell ONT (white box). At the end, disconnect and unplug your Bell Hub, it's useless
lowping

lowping

said by NGPixel:

If you have no TV, why are you using the Sagemcom at all? It's redundant. Your asus router can handle the internet connection on it's own.

I wrote a blog on how to set it up:
»www.ngpixel.com/2014/07/ ··· -router/

Ignore the gigabit switch requirement. Simply plug the cable from the WAN port on your router to the LAN 1 port on the Bell ONT (white box). At the end, disconnect and unplug your Bell Hub, it's useless

Maybe because he has FTTN and not FTTH ?